AVIC411.com

Trouble showing street maps x920bt

Let me start by say hi, first post etcetera etcetera. Recently bought this unit off craigslist since I just got a new car and am too poor to few a new one. I've been into car audio since the 90s, my last car had an 80prs in it running active, but this is my first touchscreen nav setup.

Anyway I used the how toos on here to update the thing with 5.00 and the 2013 maps. My issue is the only roads showing are interstates and freeways near me. I know its not the gps because it has a strong signal and at the bottom of the display it reads the name of the streets I drive down. I just can't see them. I tested turn by turn by entering an address and they popped up to show my destination, but I didn't actually follow it just canceled. In the morning I'll set it for my drive to work & see what happens. It'd just be nice to see the road I'm on when I'm driving around without needing directions.

I figured this was the best place to ask something so specific, anyone have any advice?

Let me start by say hi, first post etcetera etcetera. Recently bought this unit off craigslist since I just got a new car and am too poor to few a new one. I've been into car audio since the 90s, my last car had an 80prs in it running active, but this is my first touchscreen nav setup.

Anyway I used the how toos on here to update the thing with 5.00 and the 2013 maps. My issue is the only roads showing are interstates and freeways near me. I know its not the gps because it has a strong signal and at the bottom of the display it reads the name of the streets I drive down. I just can't see them. I tested turn by turn by entering an address and they popped up to show my destination, but I didn't actually follow it just canceled. In the morning I'll set it for my drive to work & see what happens. It'd just be nice to see the road I'm on when I'm driving around without needing directions.

I figured this was the best place to ask something so specific, anyone have any advice?

Zoom-in more. Is there a reason you didn't install the 2015 maps (the latest for the Z and X series).

Didn't know there was 2015 maps or where to get the patch. And I've been trying to figure out how to zoom. I looked in the manual but all I saw was something about turning on the option to automatically zoom out.

They call it "map scale" in the manual.  See image below.  Setting to .1 mile will give the most detail but may be too close-in for you. Try pressing '-' to gradually zoom out enough for your needs.

There's threads on the 2015 US/Can map update in both the Z and X series forums. The same update works for both. They are long threads and much obsolete info is at the beginning. You might want to start at the end and work backwards.

post-43400-0-61390200-1500049630_thumb.jpg