AVIC411.com

How and where to update Maps NEX7100?

So I have been reading through these forums but haven't been able to find a concise guide on how to update the maps on my Nex7100 on firmware 1.09.  I was able to update the firmware with ease but the maps seems to be a bit more of a daunting task.  What I am requesting is if someone has the time and patience if they could please put together a step by step guide to update the maps on a x100 series NEX.  Also if they could either email me a link or post a link to the IGO forums of the latest USA map I can use for my 7100.

Again this is not me being lazy as I have been combing through posts for hours trying to figure out a plan of attack all the way from finding the correct maps to loading them on my NEX without bricking it. 

Thank you in advance

Runehasa@gmail.com

So I have been reading through these forums but haven't been able to find a concise guide on how to update the maps on my Nex7100 on firmware 1.09.  I was able to update the firmware with ease but the maps seems to be a bit more of a daunting task.  What I am requesting is if someone has the time and patience if they could please put together a step by step guide to update the maps on a x100 series NEX.  Also if they could either email me a link or post a link to the IGO forums of the latest USA map I can use for my 7100.

Again this is not me being lazy as I have been combing through posts for hours trying to figure out a plan of attack all the way from finding the correct maps to loading them on my NEX without bricking it. 

Thank you in advance

Runehasa@gmail.com

I have updated my 7100. its a very simple process. Create an account at naviextras and update the maps there. Here's a link to it https://pioneer.naviextras.com/shop/portal

One important thing I found out after I updated the maps, you will lose any information stored in the nav so I lost all of the address I had saved in the address book. Make sure to write em down before you do the update especially if you keep a lot of addresses.