AVIC411.com

Password AVH Reset

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it took less than 30 secs and it restarted by itself into the service mode.

i used the contents of rar provided in the OP.  formatted the stick to fat32 (not quick format) and it just worked.

make sure to use USB 1. or the first USB. not the 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this for about a week now on my AVH-4000NEX. I can easily navigate to the Initialize Factory Reset, it gives the OK on all section except GPS, Turns Blue and says to turn off power to test Bluetooth. After I remove the USB and restart, same old password screen.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, HouZanShi87 said:

What firmware are you on? I upgraded to firm 1.10 before this happened. I've been driving around with the files on a 2 GB flash drive for the past few days. Not a single thing has happened.

i'm on firmware 1.03 i think. definitely not the latest...

On 5/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, paulo andre said:

hi

the img files are winzip,is necessary to unzip?

thanks

files used rar so i used winrar to extract as OP mentioned.

i also made sure the flash drive was clean of anything else. i used a 1GB flash drive i had lying around....

On 5/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, 88MikeCoop said:

Tried this for about a week now on my AVH-4000NEX. I can easily navigate to the Initialize Factory Reset, it gives the OK on all section except GPS, Turns Blue and says to turn off power to test Bluetooth. After I remove the USB and restart, same old password screen.

Apologies but im not familiar with that part of these, total noob aside from what i've read and the little success  i've had here. but if the issue is related to GPS. is there anything physically that may be missing with that part?

I thought my unit was toast. Touch Calibration was off, could not enter password. Copied the files on 16 gb thumb drive and inserted in #1 USB. Booted up to Password Screen and in a couple of seconds, the option screen came up and scrolled to factory reset. After reset, cycled power off then on. Asked if I wanted to set password and I declines. After this, I reformatted thumb drive and unzipped latest firmware onto it. Updated the firmware and everything is operating correctly. A Big Thank You to You. Saved me some money.

Has anyone got this to work on the latest firmware? I've read on another post about a "golden egg" file but the link to it was dead. Does anyone know what that file is? I've tried a few different size USB sticks all formatted to fat32 with the files extracted to the root dir of the flash drive. I've at least lucked out that since I use Android Auto I can still play music and use audio nav. But I can't take calls anymore since that does it via Bluetooth and the radio blocks that audio channel.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 8:40 PM, 88MikeCoop said:

Hello. I have a similar problem. I also use the AVH-4000NEX. After I select the Factory Reset option, after a couple seconds mine turns red. Waiting several minutes and nothing else happens. Cycle the power off and on and the unit still asks for a password. Is this because I'm on the newest firmware, or am I doing something wrong with the reset procedure?

Can someone walk me through this step by step.  I really don't understand this computer stuff. I downloaded the file and extracted everything then put them on the zip drive and plugged it into usb1. Nothing happened. I don't want to be without my stereo for weeks sending it to Pioneer. Please help! 4200NEX

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, cravatts said:
Did you turn on your Pioneer DVD AVH-XXXX unit only to be greeted by a "Enter Password" page, along with a "Password Hint" page?  That's exactly what happened to us after installing a unit that my best friend inherited from a deceased friend.  Unfortunately, she's passed and the hint that she gave wasn't good enough for my friend to guess.  Now what, I said!!!  Some hits seemed to suggest that one needs to bring the unit to Pioneer Service.  Even the manual suggests doing so.  First, I tried hitting the "reset button" located along the front face plate, towards the bottom right.  This didn't work.  This would have been too easy, and even the manual states that it doesn't clear everything.  Then I stumbled upon the concept of putting the unit into Factory Service Mode.  One can actually retrieve the password, by first putting the unit into factory service mode and then by reading an actual ASCII text password file.  After not being able to navigate to the specific directory that contains the password file, as I couldn't find a "usr" folder, I noticed and tried successfully by performing a factory reset instead.

First, go here and build a set of boot files required to put your unit into factory service mode:

Keep everything defaulted except for the following two settings:

• launchMode=TestMode 
  • testSubMode=Serv Mode.  

Your corresponding readme.txt file should look like the following:

Your SDCard Password is LKPFeD4BcVzESR2Y

The password was set to LKPFeD4BcVzESR2Y

set Boot Mode ullaunchmode to 0 (Default:Normal) at 4

set Launch Mode ullaunchmode to 1 (TestMode.apk) at 8

set Test SubMode to 1 (Serv Mode) at 12

set Boot Image Side Flag ulbootimageflag to 0 (Default:Side A) at 16

set Recovery Image Flag ulrecoveryimageflag to 0 (Default:Side A) at 20

set Debug Switch uldebugswitch to 0 (Default:Disabled) at 24

set USB OTG Switch ulusbotgswitch to 0 (Default:Host Mode) at 28

set Mem Check Flag ulmemchkflag to 0 (Default:no) at 32

set Sub Boot Mode sbspinfo.ulupdatesubflag to 0 (Default:Side A) at 36

set WARP!! sbspinfo.ulupdatesubflag to 2 (Default:Enable Warp) at 40

set Update Flag sbspinfo.ulupdateflag to 0 (Default:Recovery-Update) at 44

set Update Sub Flag to 0 (Default:SD Card) at 48

set UI Update  Flag to 0 (Default:non-updating) at 68

CRC32 applied to warp Disabled image.

CRC32 applied to warp Enabled image.

CRC32 applied.

Plug a thumb drive into your computer.  I removed all of the files that were already on it, but I'm not sure if this was completely necessary or not.  Save all of the files that you just generated onto  the thumb drive, by hitting on each file, one at a time.  The files that do not open with a "save' dialog window, do not need to be saved, ex. readme.txt, SD*.txt.

If you can't find the page above, or don't want to build your own set of files, here's a rar compressed set that I had generated and used successfully for my password inhibited unit.  I would imagine that these should work for most Pioneer AVH DVD units.  Please feel free to grab them from the following dropbox rar file, also attached to this forum.

if you do grab my rar compressed file, please make sure that you extract the individual files before copying them over to your thumb drive.

The port that you need to plug the thumb drive into is "port 1".  On my unit, AVH-4000NEX, port 1 is the top rear port.  

Power up the unit.  You should first see the password page, then after a little more time, the Factory Service Menu.  Scroll down, select and execute "factory reset".

Voila, "Factory Fresh Unit"!!!

No more password, but actually, we ended up setting a new password along with a new password hint as well.  But keep in mind, this is a total factory reset, like the type that first prompts you for your language, etc.

I hope that this help you save the time and effort that I went through and/or throwing out $$$ to pay some greedy person on Ebay, most likely for exactly the same procedure that I've described in this post.

If this works for you, please respond to this topic, as I would love to know that I've helped others out with the same issue and have saved you both time and money.

-Mark

PioneerAVH4000FactoryService.rar

when I do this rar file, the bytes do not match nd says zero for all except the sdunlock says 534 kb, I don't think this is right. 

• 1 month later...