AVIC411.com

Password AVH Reset

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So i think im in the same situation needing this GoldenKey. Had an SD card go bad, downloaded and installed the required image and got the unit working again, then did a firmware update to 1.11 (before doing this i set a password (second attempt and didnt have a password so got locked out straight away). Worked fine for a little, then updated the BT on the unit and surprise surprise it asked for the password, but the password isnt the one i initially set and the password hint is blank. Any help would be appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me it did not work, we formatted 2GB USB in FAT32, unzipped the RAR file and restarted the drive, nothing happened.

Unfortunately the numerical part of the keyboard as well as the bar are locked, I tried to do it via USB and it does not work, because the code is numerical, I do not know why this time when disconnecting the battery stopped working, previously it had already happened without problems, a couple of months ago, however in this occasion the last line was blocked, numbers, space and the go key, do not respond.

Someone may have unlocked the numeric keypad, maybe some test code or service.

First of all, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, Forrester83 said:

cravatts you are a life saver. I purchased a vehicle where it was locked out because of the password. I did exactly what you said in your first post and it worked. I had the AVH-4200NEX. My jump drive was just formatted as FAT32 and i plugged it into the USB slot 1 and it read it after a minute. 

realy i do the same and still the problem...