AVIC411.com
cravatts

Password AVH Reset

On 4/17/2018 at 11:25 PM, avicpyro said:

Thank You. works on a avh-4100nex!

Hi. What did you do to get it to work? I plug the flash drive in and it just sits there at the password screen. How long did wait? Did you have to hit a button for it to switch to test mode?

it took less than 30 secs and it restarted by itself into the service mode.

i used the contents of rar provided in the OP.  formatted the stick to fat32 (not quick format) and it just worked.

make sure to use USB 1. or the first USB. not the 2nd.

What firmware are you on? I upgraded to firm 1.10 before this happened. I've been driving around with the files on a 2 GB flash drive for the past few days. Not a single thing has happened.

Tried this for about a week now on my AVH-4000NEX. I can easily navigate to the Initialize Factory Reset, it gives the OK on all section except GPS, Turns Blue and says to turn off power to test Bluetooth. After I remove the USB and restart, same old password screen.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, HouZanShi87 said:

What firmware are you on? I upgraded to firm 1.10 before this happened. I've been driving around with the files on a 2 GB flash drive for the past few days. Not a single thing has happened.

i'm on firmware 1.03 i think. definitely not the latest...

On 5/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, paulo andre said:

hi

the img files are winzip,is necessary to unzip?

thanks

files used rar so i used winrar to extract as OP mentioned.

i also made sure the flash drive was clean of anything else. i used a 1GB flash drive i had lying around....

On 5/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, 88MikeCoop said:

Tried this for about a week now on my AVH-4000NEX. I can easily navigate to the Initialize Factory Reset, it gives the OK on all section except GPS, Turns Blue and says to turn off power to test Bluetooth. After I remove the USB and restart, same old password screen.

Apologies but im not familiar with that part of these, total noob aside from what i've read and the little success  i've had here. but if the issue is related to GPS. is there anything physically that may be missing with that part?

I thought my unit was toast. Touch Calibration was off, could not enter password. Copied the files on 16 gb thumb drive and inserted in #1 USB. Booted up to Password Screen and in a couple of seconds, the option screen came up and scrolled to factory reset. After reset, cycled power off then on. Asked if I wanted to set password and I declines. After this, I reformatted thumb drive and unzipped latest firmware onto it. Updated the firmware and everything is operating correctly. A Big Thank You to You. Saved me some money.

Has anyone got this to work on the latest firmware? I've read on another post about a "golden egg" file but the link to it was dead. Does anyone know what that file is? I've tried a few different size USB sticks all formatted to fat32 with the files extracted to the root dir of the flash drive. I've at least lucked out that since I use Android Auto I can still play music and use audio nav. But I can't take calls anymore since that does it via Bluetooth and the radio blocks that audio channel.