AVIC411.com

Password AVH Reset

I have an AVH-4400 NEX.  I just changed my battery in my truck and now my screen calibration is off and I can't enter my password.  I tried the above  solution but it did not work.  Has anyone had any success fixing this problem on this model?  Thanks in advance.  I cannot understand how Pioneer has not fixed this problem.  I know my password but cannot enter it due to a fault in their software.  I find it insane that I may have to pay them money and lose the use of my stereo for weeks because of poor software. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can send a video with your problem

On 1/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, jma9 said:

I have an AVH-4400 NEX.  I just changed my battery in my truck and now my screen calibration is off and I can't enter my password.  I tried the above  solution but it did not work.  Has anyone had any success fixing this problem on this model?  Thanks in advance.  I cannot understand how Pioneer has not fixed this problem.  I know my password but cannot enter it due to a fault in their software.  I find it insane that I may have to pay them money and lose the use of my stereo for weeks because of poor software. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Cravatts!!! Grabbed your rar file, extract to a thumb drive (I used WinZip) and plug into the unit's USB. After about 15 seconds, I'm in Factory Service Mode! Worked like a charm. I'm from Seattle, WA and I have an AVIC -5200NEX.

Again, thanks for putting in the work (and time). Your good deed is saving a lot of us from being taken advantaged of by some eBay vultures.

• 3 weeks later...

Pioneer AVH-X8800BT

Thank you very much for your help in solving the problem with the blocked car radio by password.

(sorry for a machine translation, but I wanted to share my experience)

In 2016 I bought (for about $ 1000) the smart car radio AVH-X8800BT and secured it with a password. Everything worked to complete satisfaction. Sometimes it was necessary to unblock the car radio with a password after unplugging the car battery - all without a problem. In the meantime, I updated the firmware (downloaded from the manufacturer's website) to version 1.05 - everything worked until it was necessary to disconnect the battery from the car service. Then it was not possible to unlock the car radio for the non-tapping bottom row of keys on the graphical keyboard (touch screen)

All possible procedures according to the user manual have been tested, including resetting the car radio panel. It happened that although I remembered my password, I did not have the opportunity to use my own car radio. I turned to the Pioneer Authorized Service for help, but they did not think anything about me and said I had to send the car radio to them for service. That's what I did, but they could not solve the problem for 3 weeks. Finally, they told me that the radio must open the radio for the repair. The repair will cost $ 700.

I immediately refused to take the radio home.

I believed there must be a way to make a hard reset of the whole system. After several hours of searching I found this web page. Finally, the hope of using my smart radio again. And indeed, the files and procedures listed on this site worked - to bring car radio to its factory settings. In 5 minutes I resolved and I immediately updated the firmware to 1.07. Obviously, the bug was in firmware version 1.05.

This assistance should be manufactured Pioneer free of charge and with apology to the owners of the AVH - ****. None of that happened.

That's why I thank you again for your help many times.

Roman

On 2/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, DaveVdz said:

I have an easy fix that worked just fine, leave you contact and I gladly share.

Yes, PLEASE! 

I've tried the Factory Reset instructions from the original post...no luck. I suspect a firmware update renders these files or the procedure useless.