AVIC411.com

I was dumb, but maybe this'll help

So...this story will make me sound like an idiot...but whatever.

I was installing my GEX-P10XMT yesterday along with an Avic-D3. Upon opening the box I noticed a warning hanging from the power cable indicating not to use the lead if it was being paired with an IP Bus cable. So I tossed the power cable aside (assuming that power would be going through the IP Bus and the accompanying data cable.

For over an hour my Avic was telling me there was no XM installed, and I as getting mighty frustrated, so I walked back in the house and glanced at the power cable again. Only then did I notice there were actually 2 leads, not one, on the cable (didn't even see them because it was bundled), plus a ground wire, and that they must only mean don't use the one wire in the event of IP Bus. Ran outside, hooked it up, worked like a charm.

The reason I even post this is because maybe someone else had the same problem (and because in the manual it doesn't show a power cable hooked up in the diagram that has the IP Bus and data cables hooked up).

So yea, call me dumb, but maybe someone will get help out of this.

:lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...