Top Posters In This Topic

AVIC-F20BT Update Success!

So, here is what i did:

First i have edited CARDINFO.CIF.

You need to search for:

OE9R75LQ2MJ2X72EUR

and replace with

X07EURX27EURX30EUR

Then save CARDINFO.CIF and replace the one on update SD Card.

(I'm providing already edited CARDINFO.CIF, so you can just overwrite it)

Then i used TestMode to get RenewalIFLib.dll from HU to edit it.

I copied one from following location \USER\PRG0\APL

Then edited it on PC with HxD.exe and made following changes:

Replaced all (hex) 0350A0E3 with 0050A0E3.

Saved the file, copied to SD Card, then back on HU copied on:

\USER\PRG0\APL

and

\USER\PRG1\APL

Booted SD Card with 2017 update, then for update password entered: PASSWORDPASSWORD

and bam, update installed after 25 minutes.  :cool:

Thanks to Godzilla for providing update files and to RonS for instructions.

Hello, I followed the instructions but on RenewallFlib.dll the HxD doesn't find "0350A0E3". What I have to do? Thanks

Hello, I followed the instructions but on RenewallFlib.dll the HxD doesn't find "0350A0E3". What I have to do? Thanks

Why don't you try following the detailed ShortFuse instructions instead of this abbreviated summary. Sounds like your problem is with using HxD. Also, when using Find or Replace make sure you set to Hex Values. It defaults to string data type. Also, put spaces between the hex bytes (a byte in hex has two numbers....03 50 A0 E3).

ShortFuse hack

Nag screen removed, patched navi.exe v7.0 @ offset BEC18 0500000A -> 0000A0E1, replace in pgr0

(just found the rigth offset then I already saw RonS found it in Z forum so I can confirm its the same offset)

I attach the patched navi.exe v7.0 taken from the 2017 release file.

Instructions:

Copy the pached navi.exe and tesmode.key on a SD

Fire the unit, testmode will start.

If USER\PRG.FLG file exists you have to swop USER\PRG1\APL\Navi.exe or else you have to swop USER\PRG0\APL\Navi.exe

Remember to delete the navi.exe on device before you start copy it from sd because testmode.key dossent suport overwrite.

The you copy navi.exe from sd to device.

No more nag, and you the latest ver off navi.exe

step by step:

1. MMC 1GB fat32 copy two file testmode and NAVI.EXE

2. MMC 4GB fat32 copy MAPS2017

We run the device in mode and look for the file in the directory USER\PRG1\APL\Navi.exe  and delete it later copied from the memory card Navii.exe then remove the card and insert with maps. Do I understand correctly? 

Sorry for the mistakes but I use the translator, I'm from Poland

step by step:

1. MMC 1GB fat32 copy two file testmode and NAVI.EXE

2. MMC 4GB fat32 copy MAPS2017

We run the device in mode and look for the file in the directory USER\PRG1\APL\Navi.exe  and delete it later copied from the memory card Navii.exe then remove the card and insert with maps. Do I understand correctly? 

Forget about Nag screen until you get 2017 installed. Read the Shortfuse hack instructions http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83535-map-update-hack-using-shortfuse-method-z110-z140x920-x940/

Why don't you try following the detailed ShortFuse instructions instead of this abbreviated summary. Sounds like your problem is with using HxD. Also, when using Find or Replace make sure you set to Hex Values. It defaults to string data type. Also, put spaces between the hex bytes (a byte in hex has two numbers....03 50 A0 E3).

ShortFuse hack

Hi, finally I replaced with HxD, copied with testmode. Insert SD with 2017 Maps, choose PASSWORDPASSWORD, BUT WHEN AVIC RESTART SHOW ME "wrong sd card insert right sd".  Help me PLEASE!!

Hi, finally I replaced with HxD, copied with testmode. Insert SD with 2017 Maps, choose PASSWORDPASSWORD, BUT WHEN AVIC RESTART SHOW ME "wrong sd card insert right sd".  Help me PLEASE!!

The most common reason for  "wrong SD" is because you modified a file on the SD. CardInfo,CIF (if necessary for your model) is the only file that should be changed. The second most common  reason is an error reading the SD. Reformat the SD FAT32 then extract the files from the original zip and try installing again.

The most common reason for  "wrong SD" is because you modified a file on the SD. CardInfo,CIF (if necessary for your model) is the only file that should be changed. The second most common  reason is an error reading the SD. For reformat FAT32 then extract the files from the original zip and try installing again.

It is a problem that I have installed navi.exe before change Renewfile.dll and install 2017 Maps?

It is a problem that I have installed navi.exe before change Renewfile.dll and install 2017 Maps?

From the instructions on installing Nag Screen hack: "Note: Install the 2017 map update before installing this hack. Do not patch the file on the 2017 installation SD before installing the 2017 Update. If you do, the installation will fail."

Similar warnings are found in the ShortFuse hack instructions. I guess I write detailed instructions for myself to read because so many people ignore them, or repost incomplete instructions that others pick-up and use.  

If you are new to this, don't blindly follow those "it worked for me and this is what I did..." instructions.  They are just summaries and leave out important warnings and details. Read the full ShortFuse and Nag Screen hack threads in Z Series Z110/12/13/14/150 Hacks & Mods. Those instructions also apply to most F series.

• Alexei Navalny changed the title to New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye
  • Alexei Navalny unpinned this topic