AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye

On 9-2-2018 at 6:34 PM, RonS said:

You don't need testmode. The BT firmware for this release is on the SD in the \Firmware directory. 

You didn't give any detail on what you did and what went wrong doing the BT update through BT settings.

You are right RonS,

no need for Testmode to update the BT. 

After the maps update I tried the 'Firmware update' button under the 'Bluetooth Settings' (once it became active) as per instructions.
All to no avail, after a good 10 minutes of trying to start the update process a message is displayed in the lines af "an error occured and the update failed".

So I am curious to hear about any other method of 'jumpstarting' the BT, perhaps by copying/pasting files directely in their respective folders using Testmode.

It might help to know what the content of the BT-folder should look like using Testmode.

I schould mention that the BT-module test using Testmode fails. So obviously there is something dodgy going on in there...

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, timmen said:

You are right RonS,

no need for Testmode to update the BT. 

After the maps update I tried the 'Firmware update' button under the 'Bluetooth Settings' (once it became active) as per instructions.
All to no avail, after a good 10 minutes of trying to start the update process a message is displayed in the lines af "an error occured and the update failed".

So I am curious to hear about any other method of 'jumpstarting' the BT, perhaps by copying/pasting files directely in their respective folders using Testmode.

It might help to know what the content of the BT-folder should look like using Testmode.

I schould mention that the BT-module test using Testmode fails. So obviously there is something dodgy going on in there...

Reading your other post, it seems you were saying your BT was not functional even before installing the new maps/BT. These BT modules have been known to fail. I remember seeing some for sale recently but I don't remember where. You can do a Forced Program Write of the BT firmware. I suspect the actual drivers are stored in some other file system not directly accessible via Testmode file maintenance.

See if you can find a Service Manual for your unit. I have one for a Z110 which also is a manual for TestMode. There are several diagnostics for testing the BT module. Here's the Z110-BT Service Manual

Update installed flawlessly on my F9220BT from Software ver.4 and BT ver 3.21 --> Followed the instructions and now have software ver.7 and BT ver 3.32.

To the people that made this possible (on this Forum) and keep helping others that are not as "tech savy" by answering all kinds of questions/doubts, my sincere thanks!!

Cheers

On 13 February 2018 at 9:25 PM, RonS said:

Reading your other post, it seems you were saying your BT was not functional even before installing the new maps/BT. These BT modules have been known to fail. I remember seeing some for sale recently but I don't remember where. You can do a Forced Program Write of the BT firmware. I suspect the actual drivers are stored in some other file system not directly accessible via Testmode file maintenance.

See if you can find a Service Manual for your unit. I have one for a Z110 which also is a manual for TestMode. There are several diagnostics for testing the BT module. Here's the Z110-BT Service Manual

RonS,

Thank you for the reply. Will give the forced program write a go. Can I do this with the Firmware folder from the 2017 update files or will it just accept the BT folder on SD?

Hello, i have the radio avic f920bt and i wanted to try this way to upload new maps. But I found out that my radio already has a recorded firmware 06.0000 (the previous owner of the car). Do I have to complete the procedure, or is there a hack loaded when there is version 06.0000? Thank you

Hi to everyone,  thanks for your job ,but unfortunately i have a problem trying to update my F840 .When i extract the update files N001 and N002 remains in archive mode and the system report that they are corrupted, i dont mind what i have to do ,i tried to download several time the update but same result help is needed, beg for my english best regards

1 hour ago, RonS said:

Sorry, I only use TestMode file manager to copy/paste/delete files. I've looked at the many other functions but with only sketchy documentation, they were too dangerous to try on a working headunit.  Over the years I remember someone saying he got Forced Program Write to reload his files. But I've never done it.  You have already made thins worse by playing with it. 

You will need someone with a similar F series unit since my files aren't the same.

All this discussion is off topic for this thread and adds unnecessary clutter for people interested in this topic.You should start another one. I'll move the extraneous posts to it.

SUCCES!!

I started comparing folder content from the unit with the 2017 update files.
It seems that I was a little too excited when I went to delete Navi.exe and ended up deleting AIPI_Navi.dll.

Copied that in PRG1\APL and hey presto, boots up like a good'n again!

Thank you RonS for your insight, suggestions and for not straight-out calling me a moron for messing up my unit :-)
Even though I deserve it.

All is well again! Now let's try that nag-screen hack again!

4 hours ago, PAGLIA62 said:

Thanks for your reply but the problem isnt the password , all Ndata in the folder are extract  except Ndata1 and Ndata2 hope my pictures explain you the problem

I don't know what the problem is. I just downloaded the file and unzipped it with no errors. The files  NDATA.001 and NDATA.002 are there. You seem to be the only person to be having this problem.

21 hours ago, RonS said:

I don't know what the problem is. I just downloaded the file and unzipped it with no errors. The files  NDATA.001 and NDATA.002 are there. You seem to be the only person to be having this problem.

Thanks for replay,so i have to do normal procedure to update or shortfuse method? f840 bt

On 21/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, RonS said:

If you are using the files provided by godzilla, yes. you must install the shortfuse hack. Then enter PASSWORDPASSWORD when asked for the Pioneer code.

ok can i extract the shortfuse zip and the update on the same sd card or should  have 2 different? thanks for your patience

• Alexei Navalny changed the title to New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye
  • Alexei Navalny unpinned this topic