AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/21/2018 at 3:20 PM, spoonavic said:

i try update but update stoped to 98% ..pioneer is blocked and ask for sd ...how can i relolve it, please ?

Your problem is caused by something is wrong with the update SD. Very possible that you didn't use the correct password when you unzipped the file. So some files are missing. This advice has been posted here many times.

If the map update fails to complete and you are stuck with a wrong or incorrect SD or similar message:

• boot into testmode. 
  • go into file maintenance
  • remove the file USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log

This will kick the unit out of upgrade mode, and it should restart into regular mode on next power up (remember to remove the TestMode SD). You should still be running with your previous firmware and maps.

Hello. I apologize for repeating myself, but I am asking for one specific answer contained in one post - I think that it will also be useful to others.
I have a Pioneer Avic F920BT navigation. Currently has original software. Please inform me what to do STEP BY STEP because after many attempts described in various posts, 
e.g. I have not found in the file RenewalIFLib.dll all values of 0350A0E3
From what I read it is:
- to upload ShortFuse to SD, run
- on the second SD, upload the map (three files: firmware, update, cardinfo). The cardinfo file with changes on X07EURX27EURX30EUR and then update

Please reply. Thank you
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, digger500 said:

Hello
A question. Is a Superfuse necessary with a F940Bt? Or can I take the cardinfo from the 2015 update. Firmware is 6.00
Thank`s for reply
Cu
Digger500

If you mean Shortfuse, yes it is necessary. Cardinfo is only to identify which AVIC models the update supports. Since you have an F940, you should not change the Cardino.cif that comes with godzilla's files.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for some advice here after I followed instructions to update my 920BT unit. Performed the Shortfuse hack and this was successful. Loaded Cardinfo.cif file from RonS which should work for 920BT together with Firmware and Update files using new SD card. Update took 30 min and was successful I thought but then after it restarted I was asked for language option? English was the only EU language greyed out so could not actually select that. I did not select anything and pressed OK to move on. The unit then gave me foreign language..... maybe German or Dutch. Anyone who has done the EU update advise me please what I did wrong and how do I reverse the language option back to English. Can I undo the update and have another go?

Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Thanks for all the great resources. I have a F920BT on which map were _never_ updated (running version 2.00 atm; only update done was the firmware to 2.003 in late 2010). Do I need to update sequentially to other versions before reachign that one ? I've ran the superfuse hack, which seemed successful, but now when I insert the SD card with the map update data, nothing happens (either with the original or modified CARDINFO.CIF. No prompt, nothing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Also, I remember years ago preserving TTS languages was a pain (and that's why I never upgraded). Will it preserve my french language after that update ?

Cheers

The map update does not need to be sequential, but I read somewhere on this site that the Bluetooth update should be sequential.  I did the sequential Bluetooth updates on my system and I have no issues, but I have read many posts where people have Bluetooth issues after updating and I think it's because they didn't do the Bluetooth updates sequentially.

Fortunately the Bluetooth updates are manual anyway and aren't automatic with the map updates, so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to collect them all from the various posts on this site.

Thanks. I am re-downloading the 2017 map update , maybe mine got corrupted somehow. I did update the bluetooth firmware a couple years ago after BT crashed and no phone could be paired at all. So "in theory" that one is more or less up to date and I'm not going to venture into upgrading it if/when I get the map update running.

I don't understand why my unit does not pick the SD card I insert with the map update, though. The SD card seems OK since it worked for the shortfuse hack.

edit: OK, the SD card was picked up on the first attempt this time. First download must have been corrupted somehow. Upgrade in progress... !

Just so it can be of help to anyone lurking aroudn here: it did work on my French F920BT. I went from maps 2.00 (2010? anyay) to 7.00 directly. I still have all my normal TTS languages, although I did have to change the "guidance language" from something else back to French, after the update.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, plywak said:

Hi there,

This post to thank all the people here and give my input in avic hacking.

I have AVIC F930BT unit. It had maps and firmware from 2011. I updated it successfully without any problems.

For all of you, who have doubts, and questions like "what file should I download?" or "how to do this?", a little instruction below:
step 1: Download shortfusescript.zip

step 2: Download 2017 update.zip

step 3: Format sd card (or card's) (fat32)
step 4: Copy files from shortfusescript.zip to sd card
step 5: Place card inside the AVIC and press key when asked
step 6: Copy files from 2017 update.zip to another sd card (or the same as in step 4, after finishing step 5)
step 7: Place card in AVIC and restart the unit
step 8: Confirm update
step 9: Use PASSWORDPASSWORD as password
step 10: Wait 30min until the end 

Do not power off the unit during the update process.
In my case I was driving during step 10, so I didn't waste my time :D

Have fun, and good luck!

Thanks very much!  plywak, Shortfuze, RonS and godzilla!

Worked perfectly on my F940BT. :) 

• Alexei Navalny changed the title to New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye
  • Alexei Navalny unpinned this topic