AVIC411.com

New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the upgrade yesterday on my F40BT with the script, and it worked flawlessly like described above.

Also did the Bluetooth update.

I'm just wondering if this was just a maps update (and was it EU then?) or if it was the maps and software, too.

I still might try to get rid of the nag screen, not to sure about that right now. It does not bother me that much. I might switch to a complete new headunit anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Alexei Navalny changed the title to New Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc 2017 Releastechnologye
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I have the Avic F920BT. It was in the car when I bought it. No official update were available, maps and system dated 2010....I often drove through the fields on the display :-). So I searched this forum to be able to update my Avic.

I used this method to work arounds the password: ROnS, posted 7 sept 2017. The map update, I found in this post: Ayan 4 Oct 2017.

30 minutes later, everything OK!

Thank you very much!

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

for people who, like me, bought a car with a F10BT not updated (Firware 1.000), here are the step I had to do to upgrade to 2017 maps version.
Notice that I have made lots of trying so, I'm not totally sure to remember all the actions have done but sharing my experience could help someone to win some hours...
The difficulty I had to upgrade is due to the hard work to find valid link for all firmware versions needed.

Step 1 :
    Download Firmware Z110BT 1.001.
    Go to : http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29198-step-by-step-update-from-z110bt-to-z120bt/
    Download Pioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse.zip 
    Replace the files into the original firmware by these one.
    Copy to SD card.
    Put the card into your F10BT, it will propose to upgrade.

After this step, from my side, the version into system info still 1.000, and I have forgot BT...

Step 2 :
Follow this topic :http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/82391-avic-f10f20f920f9210f9220bt-evrope-maps-update/ 
The download link is still valid (ouf...) : https://mega.nz/#F!BJ43AQCD!T8eXW0zdXSpv5FGHo_V0pA
Like explained, don 't change the CARDINFO and VERINFO, the original one work for F10BT.

After this step, you will have the sofware and map 2015. No french language but, it is not a problem  because it is not the final upgrade.

Step 3 : install shortfuseHack and map2017 by follow this topic (I confirm it works for F10BT) :
http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83505-new-release-f20bt-f30bt-f40bt-f920bt-f930bt-f840bt-etc-2017-releastechnologye/&

Now, you are update.

I hope this post will help someone to avoid to spend lot of hours to find the good links and methods;)

Frederic.

21 minutes ago, Fred_Danton said:

Step 3 : install shortfuseHack and map2017 by follow this topic (I confirm it works for F10BT) :
http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83505-new-release-f20bt-f30bt-f40bt-f920bt-f930bt-f840bt-etc-2017-releastechnologye/&

Now, you are update.

I hope this post will help someone to avoid to spend lot of hours to find the good links and methods;)

Frederic.

Did you try just Step 3?  You should be able to update directly from V1.x to V7.0 (after installing the Shortfuse hack).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello everyone
I have an avic-f9220bt. v2.0.
Has update for 2017 and now HU starts again and again at the Pioneer logo.
Updated with shortfusescript and 2017 software. 
Have used test mode to use backup and installed 2017 again with other sd card, 
but same, HU starts again and again by the Pioneer logo.
What can I try?

On 2/13/2020 at 5:30 AM, T55 said:

HU starts again and again by the Pioneer logo.
What can I try?

First, get an 8GB SD and make a backup of /USER so you can recover from any mistakes. Also, if you have the original SD that you used to install the Shortfuse hack, save it. It would have the original APL\RenewalIFLib.dll files found in PRG0 and PRG1.

Next, when you said "avic-f9220bt. v2.0", I assume you mean your old firmware was v2.0. At first I thought you were saying there was a V2 hardware. I also assume that F9220bt is the same hardware as f920bt.

What do you mean by "used test mode to use backup"?   Did it boot back into the old firmware OK?

I don't have an answer to why V7.0 isn't running. I don't know much about the F series in general and the F9220bt in particular.  But I think there must of been some other changes/hacks made on your unit.

4 hours ago, T55 said:

I assume you mean your old firmware was v2.0? yes

I think F9220bt is an Ford version of f920bt.

What do you mean by "used test mode to use backup"? To load my old backup

Did the boot back into the old firmware OK? Yes, back to old firmware.

So you had a backup with /USER, including PRG0 and PRG1? That's good. I'd keep that SD in a safe place.

One thing I forgot to mention. After a firmware update, if something isn't working - try disconnecting all power to the unit for 30 seconds. Easiest way is to disconnect the battery. Alternatively, pull the fuses for both the yellow and red power wires.

For an F920, I believe v2 was the original stock firmware. If so, the files in PRG0 and PRG1 should be identical. One thing you could try is to change the "current" program directory. You do this by adding or deleting (if already present) /USER/PRG.FLG (an empty file is OK - or just create a file on your PC named PRG.FLG and copy it to the F9220.

Then reboot and see if it loads OK. At that point it would be running the backup version. If it doesn't load OK, there is something wrong with the currently active PRG files or an issue with the physical storage. 

Either way, you could try installing 2017 maps (after running shortfuse if necessary). Unless you are not running stock Pioneer firmware or there is some hardware problem, this should work.

• 4 weeks later...