AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious why you are doing this? You have no vested interest in getting it working. Do you get contributions to more than offset your out-of-pocket expenses? For these older units, it may take a long time to break even. There doesn't seem to be much interest.

Because I like this forum? I like getting my map updates free? So I feel like donating back? I have these maps just need to get to my computer and see if they are encrypted or what.. Will be by the weekend

Uploading the maps now. Looks like nothing was encrypted, just needs a cracked .dat file like the 2015. I copied the files from the SD as well as form the unit via USB/drive to make sure no file changes. I think pionara was the person who got the 2015 to work.

In the mean time (until someone gets a hacked VERINFO.DAT), the "ShortFuse Method" I posted will work. Just takes a little more effort.

BTW, which version do you have, the one for Z110/Z120/X920 or the Z130/Z140/X930/X940? I don't know what the actual difference is in the firmware. And last time the Z140 version worked on a Z110 with the correct CARDINFO.CIF.  But there were many differences in the actual files.

Hardware wise, the biggest difference between the z120 and z130/40 models is support for Auto Eq.

Im going to buy the update and share like i did for the x series. Hopefully we can inject the same maps but just swap the .cif file like on the 2015 updates. PM me your contact info if you want to partner on this. I dont have an X or Z model anymore so I need to find a doner one, or one on ebay for cheap to read the files

if the OP is looking for a PM and a donation, that's cool. I have used this forum for updates before, but I didn't see the OP say he was looking for that.

nezfotnemom isn't the OP on this thread but he is the one who volunteered to buy and share it. I'd contribute but I have no need for it. I'll just pitch-in to help others.

Sorry guys had strep and hit me hard all week.. here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KpUvEq0nCnb29SZFVlNTZrZUk

hopefully someone cracks it! Password: avic411s
 The zip file has been moved to New Host

Mod Update: here's the zipped Cardinfo.cif only needed for Z110/Z120/X920. Unzip and replace the one in the above archive.  I added this here since it's better to keep related files in one place.
Don't forget to install the ShortFuse hack HERE on your unit before attempting to install the new 2017 maps.
RonS

Z110Z120X920CARDINFO.zip

nezfotnemom isn't the OP on this thread but he is the one who volunteered to buy and share it. I'd contribute but I have no need for it. I'll just pitch-in to help others.

ok so I misspoke about him being the OP. when the link gets put up, I am sure there will be people that contribute

Sorry guys had strep and hit me hard all week.. here you go:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KpUvEq0nCnb29SZFVlNTZrZUk

hopefully somone cracks it! Password: avic411s

Oh man, I feel for ya. Strep can knock the $hit out of you.  Rest up.

From the zip file name I see this is T1000-25818, which is for Z130/Z140/X930/X940. So older units will need a new Cardinfo. See the attachment.

Need a guinea pig to try installing on a Z110/Z120/X920. After unzipping, replace the existing CardInfo.CIF. No fears - if it is wrong, the update will not run. 

For now, everyone will need to do the ShortFuse hack to get past the installation password. Hack

Z110Z120X920CARDINFO.zip