AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

Thank you very much to RonS and nezfotnemom for the maps and instructions!

​I have a quick question. I was able to install the 2017 maps without any issues, but I now notice that my GPS signal is out of whack. It seems like it isn't accurate and is having trouble "locking" the current location. Should I try to take out the radio fuse to hard reboot? I have a XB930BT.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying this now and getting the infamous "Incorrect SD card" error at the end of installation --

* z130BT, starting with v6 (2015 maps?)

* I ran the Shortfuse script, worked like a charm ... thanks! :)

* Downloaded, unzipped and loaded the 2017 files onto an SD card.  Overwrote Navi.exe with the Nag-free version.  Popped it in, used the special password, and it went through the installation all the way up to "90% - 3 minutes left" and then said "Incorrect SD card installed ... please install the correct one.".

Apparently you didn't read the No-Nag instructions. 

Note: Install the 2017 map update before installing this hack. Do not change the file on the 2017 installation SD. If you do, the installation will fail. You will get the dreaded "Wrong SD" error. So I edited it with it bold red letters. Rebuild your installation SD from the zipped archive.

Thank you very much to RonS and nezfotnemom for the maps and instructions!

​I have a quick question. I was able to install the 2017 maps without any issues, but I now notice that my GPS signal is out of whack. It seems like it isn't accurate and is having trouble "locking" the current location. Should I try to take out the radio fuse to hard reboot? I have a XB930BT.

Yes, I would try that. I don't know why that would happen and you're the first to report a problem like that. I had to reset mine due to some odd iPod issue. But I didn't have a problem with GPS.

Apparently you didn't read the No-Nag instructions. 

Note: Install the 2017 map update before installing this hack. Do not change the file on the 2017 installation SD. If you do, the installation will fail. You will get the dreaded "Wrong SD" error. So I edited it with it bold red letters. Rebuild your installation SD from the zipped archive.

Sorry, my bad -- I misread the instructions and was hoping to bypass the extra No-Nag bypass step.  Thank you for the prompt response ... all is good now.  Installation completed.  Nag screen removed as well.  Donation sent.

Fyi I used a SanDisk 8GB SDHC card for this, formatted on MacOS (MS-DOS), also distribution unzipped on MacOS.

RonS, I actually have a X9310BT and through the 2016 upgrade I updated the unit to X940BT. I've followed the instructions after reading the forum, and at first I did not play with the files at all, all I did was placed the 3 files onto the root of a 4GB SD card, but the machine will not go into update mode. I'm not that savvy when it comes to the Testmode so I didn't try the hack. I guess I will have to wait....

RonS, I actually have a X9310BT and through the 2016 upgrade I updated the unit to X940BT. I've followed the instructions after reading the forum, and at first I did not play with the files at all, all I did was placed the 3 files onto the root of a 4GB SD card, but the machine will not go into update mode. I'm not that savvy when it comes to the Testmode so I didn't try the hack. I guess I will have to wait....

Technically, you can never "upgrade" the unit to X940bt. You have a X9310BT running v5.x or v6.0 software. The internal model doesn't change.

But never mind, since you got to the prompt to enter the password, you are past all that CardInfo stuff. So it sounds like you never installed the ShortFuse hack and you can't get past the password prompt when you try to install the updated maps.

Go back and look at the ShortFuse hack thread. I added a simpler way to install the hack using a script. It is very easy and you don't need to use TestMode. Once you run the script (automatically runs when you insert the hack SD), you can then insert the map update SD and reboot your unit if it doesn't restart on it's own. When the update asks for the password, enter PASSWORDPASSWORD (or anything else if you wish). Be warned that the update will fail if you modified any files on the map SD except for CardInfo.CIF.

RonS, I've tried the shortfuse easy version on my X9310BT running V6.0, the installation went smooth without issue. I put the map update on a separate SD card which contained the 3 files Update, Firmware and Cardinfo,cif that came with the download, when I insert the map update SD, it says wrong SD card. I managed to use testmode to kick the unit out of update mode. I don't believe I have the right Cardinfo.cif, and now I'm stuck as the Cardinfo.cif I've used came as part of the download zip, any ideas please.

RonS, I've tried the shortfuse easy version on my X9310BT running V6.0, the installation went smooth without issue. I put the map update on a separate SD card which contained the 3 files Update, Firmware and Cardinfo,cif that came with the download, when I insert the map update SD, it says wrong SD card. I managed to use testmode to kick the unit out of update mode. I don't believe I have the right Cardinfo.cif, and now I'm stuck as the Cardinfo.cif I've used came as part of the download zip, any ideas please.

If, when you insert the map update SD, it  asks for a password, then your CardInfo is correct. Once you get past that, the only thing that can go wrong (besides the car's battery dying) is a problem with the SD files. Since you are posting in this thread, I assume you are installing the US/Can maps. So there is no password needed to extract the zip (as there is in the EU map zip).

The Cardinfo file you need is the one that came with the map zip. 

Sometimes the unzip program can cause files to be corrupted. Are you using a PC or a Mac? Also, some people have had problems caused by the SD format. What size SD are you using? I recommend a 4GB formatted FAT32 with default cluster size (on  a Windows PC). An 8GB one should work but someone said they had to use a 32K cluster size instead of the default.

RonS, I'm using a 4GB SD card, correctly formatted using FAT32 with default cluster size, I'm running PC and unzipped the downloaded which leaves me with files name Pioneer_T1000-25818. I did have to enter password to extract the zip file downloaded from zip supplied by nezfotnemom, which is a US/CAN map I believe and the Cardinfo should cover X9310BT. I'm going to unzip the entire file again just to make sure, and give it a try. When I insert the SD card after the installing the short version of the shortfuse hack, the system did not ask me for any password, instead it just says " Wrong SD, insert correct SD card". Thank you for your assistance.

I own a Z140bh

Did the shortfuse and it worked fine.  4gb card

Used 16gb card next to install- and asked for password- I tried AVIC411S and PASSWORD - both did not initiate update. 

So umm what is the password?

I first tried "ABC" and it didn't work, so I used "PASSWORDPASSWORD" as originally specified and it worked.