AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

I own a Z140bh

Did the shortfuse and it worked fine.  4gb card

Used 16gb card next to install- and asked for password- I tried AVIC411S and PASSWORD - both did not initiate update. 

So umm what is the password?

Did you do the ShortFuse script, or did you manually edit the DLL file? BTW, don't re-run the script - just in case. It saves the original DLL file(s).

Most people use PASSWORDPASSWORD but I didn't think it mattered what you entered. There probably is a minimum number of characters. Let us know if that doesn't work.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do the ShortFuse script, or did you manually edit the DLL file? BTW, don't re-run the script - just in case. It saves the original DLL file(s).

Most people use PASSWORDPASSWORD but I didn't think it mattered what you entered. There probably is a minimum number of characters. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Sorry, it worked. 

I didn't fully read the first thread on Shortfuse page. I tried PASSWORDPASSWORD after reading and it worked. 

Version 7.0 - 

Do you guys have BTC or ZEC or DGB accounts- I'll donate. 

Thanks again for keeping our devices relevant. 

Only place to go from here would be getting Android on this lol

Sorry, it worked. 

I didn't fully read the first thread on Shortfuse page. I tried PASSWORDPASSWORD after reading and it worked. 

Version 7.0 - 

Do you guys have BTC or ZEC or DGB accounts- I'll donate. 

Thanks again for keeping our devices relevant. 

Only place to go from here would be getting Android on this lol

just paypal sorry

Thought I'd post the Installation/operation manuals and info on the two 2017 updates (v7.0 firmware). I recommend that everyone review them before installing. Also note the specific instructions for upgrading BT from older( < 3.10) versions to v3.32. And as before, it doesn't seem possible to add iPhone Lightning connector support(patches 4.6 or 5.1) after the fact. It must be installed before installing firmware 6.0 and higher. IDK if there is a workaround.

Only Compatible With: 

• AVIC-Z110BT, AVIC-Z120BT, AVIC-X920BT         CRD5009A.pdf
  • AVIC-Z130BT, AVIC-X930BT, AVIC-X9310BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X940BT          CRD5006A.pdf

As with other updates, either product can be made to install on any of the above units when used with the proper CARDINFO file.  See post #26 for the update files and see http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83535-map-update-hack-using-shortfuse-method-z110-z140x920-x940/ for how to hack you unit prior to installing those files.

Hi RonS,

Hope all is well. I was looking if there's any map update free for my car and I found this forum and it quite knowledgeable!. I have been reading this forum for the pass 2 days. I have noticed that you have put lots of effort on to this forum. I got a bit confused and need some of your expertise. I am from Canada and I have a Subaru BRZ 2013 which have a X9310BT unite. First, when I bought a copy of the map update like 200$ from the dealer from where I bought my car like couple years back. I just purchase a new townhouse and it does not exist on my unite and that's why I am looking for a map update. I have downloaded the Pioneer_T1000-25818 that was posted on http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81643-2015-avic-z120-map-update/page-6&do=findComment&comment=336425 post 84 and it said is compatible and then I read further and more and I see that I need shortfuse hack, 4 GB SD card 16kb format and fat32, 8GB SD card 32kb format, modify some files and I got all confused. I wish you can assist me on this update if possible. Sorry I am not really tech savy at all and I do not want to break my radio. I have called my dealer, they said they do not support my car map update anymore and if it breaks I need to pay 400$ for them to take out my radio and send it for repair. However I mainly wanted to ask you for your paypal email address so that I can donate 30$ to you. No worries, if you are busy, you can just private message me the email address and I'll donate to you still. Once again, great work! For some reason that I cannot send you by PM and got this in return: The member RonS can not use the messaging system.

Thank you

On 10/13/2017 at 9:20 PM, Gojira said:

. I have downloaded the Pioneer_T1000-25818 that was posted on http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81643-2015-avic-z120-map-update/page-6&do=findComment&comment=336425 post 84 and it said is compatible and then I read further and more and I see that I need shortfuse hack, 4 GB SD card 16kb format and fat32, 8GB SD card 32kb format, modify some files and I got all confused.

You are making this more complicated than it is. For a X9310bt you don't need to modify any files. This procedure has evolved over time.

Download and unzip the ShortFuse hack script (3 files)

Put those 3 files in the root of a FAT32 SD and insert it in the unit (only do this once unless you got some error message running the script.

Download and unzip the 2017 map update from nezfotnemom  and copy the folders UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and the file CARDINFO.CIF to root of a 4GB (minimum) FAT32 SD.  If you use a larger one there can be issues with cluster sizes. I don't know for sure what the Max GB size is. The Pioneer apps support up to 32GB but the installer isn't as forgiving.

Insert that SD and follow the prompts. Use PASSWORDPASSWORD when is asks. If your car has a weak battery, put it on a charger - if it dies during the update, its toast.

As far as contributions, PM nezfotnemom for his paypal ID.

Good luck.

You are making this more complicated than it is. For a X9310bt you don't need to modify any files. This procedure has evolved over time.

Download and unzip the ShortFuse hack script (3 files)

Put those 3 files in the root of a FAT32 SD and insert it in the unit (only do this once unless you got some error message running the script.

Download and unzip the 2017 map update from nezfotnemom and copy the folders UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and the file CARDINFO.CIF to root of a 4GB (minimum) FAT32 SD. If you use a larger one there can be issues with cluster sizes. I don't know for sure what the Max GB size is. The Pioneer apps support up to 32GB but the installer isn't as forgiving.

Insert that SD and follow the prompts. Use PASSWORDPASSWORD when is asks. If your car has a weak battery, but it on a charger - if it dies during the update, its toast.

As far as contributions, PM nezfotnemom for his paypal ID.

Good luck.

Ok thank you very much for the information and I’ll pm nezfotnemom. Thanks!

Just an update. Followed the instructions and everything installed very smoothly and no error. However currently I am not able to play music through Bluetooth. I did re-register my phone so many times and it always shows connected just went under the Bluetooth music menu. It shows no connection and when I click on connect it gives like no connection available. Any ideas?

Just an update. Followed the instructions and everything installed very smoothly and no error. However currently I am not able to play music through Bluetooth. I did re-register my phone so many times and it always shows connected just went under the Bluetooth music menu. It shows no connection and when I click on connect it gives like no connection available. Any ideas?

I've had the occasional hassle to reconnect bluetooth.

If you haven't received better suggestions already, try this --  After the phone is paired, turn off the car (and radio), rebooting your phone, make sure your phone isn't connected to another bluetooth device, and then start the car/radio.  I don't have any technical explanation why this might work other than it should reset the drivers and hardware on both sides and then allow a connection attempt using the proper sequence.

I've had the occasional hassle to reconnect bluetooth.

If you haven't received better suggestions already, try this --  After the phone is paired, turn off the car (and radio), rebooting your phone, make sure your phone isn't connected to another bluetooth device, and then start the car/radio.  I don't have any technical explanation why this might work other than it should reset the drivers and hardware on both sides and then allow a connection attempt using the proper sequence.

Thanks for the information, I have tried that already. the last thing is that I have no unplugged the car battery yet. I am just scared that it will reset the whole unite and ask me to enter password and I am not so much if I have reset to another password lol

Thanks for the information, I have tried that already. the last thing is that I have no unplugged the car battery yet. I am just scared that it will reset the whole unite and ask me to enter password and I am not so much if I have reset to another password lol

First, make sure you are running BT firmware 3.32, It was included with the map update. If you were running the original X9310 software (v3.x) it probably is not current.

It is common to have BT and/or iPhone connectivity issues after a software update. Reset the unit by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds.

If you have to clear the security password, it's very easy http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83592-security-password-removal-script/ will delete the current password.

First, make sure you are running BT firmware 3.32, It was included with the map update. If you were running the original X9310 software (v3.x) it probably is not current.

It is common to have BT and/or iPhone connectivity issues after a software update. Reset the unit by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds.

If you have to clear the security password, it's very easy http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83592-security-password-removal-script/ will delete the current password.

For some reason mine BT firmware is 3.22, I have notice there's a firmware upgrade button when you access to bluetooth menu. Do I need to pop in the SD ( Map 2017) inside and select that button? However I have unplugged the battery and 30 min. Plug it back in, everything is functional again!!! And thanks for the password removal script information.

For some reason mine BT firmware is 3.22, I have notice there's a firmware upgrade button when you access to bluetooth menu. Do I need to pop in the SD ( Map 2017) inside and select that button? However I have unplugged the battery and 30 min. Plug it back in, everything is functional again!!! And thanks for the password removal script information.

You have to manually update the BT firmware. It doesn't automatically get updated with the maps. Update BT firmware through the BT settings. It is on the map update. This will wipe-out all BT pairings, so you'll need to re-pair.

You have to manually update the BT firmware. It doesn't automatically get updated with the maps. Update BT firmware through the BT settings. It is on the map update. This will wipe-out all BT pairings, so you'll need to re-pair.

Done! Everything worked perfectly and there's no need to disconnect the battery too! Thank you so much for the help. Just a quick question, is there anyway for the X93010BT able support other language like Chinese character?

hello guys maybe someone can help me as im a noob with this unit, I have a x930bt running fw ver 03.0000 and bt fw 3.22. id like to upgrade the unit but im not sure if i missed something as its not taking the update, it boots normal without updating, so last night i successfully loaded the shortfuse hack then loaded the (unziped) two folders and the cardinfo file on the sd. it wont take the update. no errors just wont update. the sd was formatted to fat32, i even tried the other cardinfo file with no change.do I need to load a previous Fw then this update. idk what am i missing

UPDATE i was able to get it to load but for some reason the short fuse hack didn't take. even thou it said success. the update is asking for a password.