AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

I'm trying this now and getting the infamous "Incorrect SD card" error at the end of installation --

* z130BT, starting with v6 (2015 maps?)

* I ran the Shortfuse script, worked like a charm ... thanks! :)

* Downloaded, unzipped and loaded the 2017 files onto an SD card.  Overwrote Navi.exe with the Nag-free version.  Popped it in, used the special password, and it went through the installation all the way up to "98% - 3 minutes left" and then said "Incorrect SD card installed ... please install the correct one.".

I searched the forums and found some suggestions related to card size and format:

I don't have a 4GB card on me, but I do have an 8GB SDHC card, I formatted it on our Windows machine FAT32 with default allocation size.   I also unzipped the distribution file under Windows as was recommended.  Still no luck.

Do I really need to find a 4GB SDHC card to load this distribution on?  Or is there something else I am not trying?

I will gladly contribute to the pool once I can get this install completed successfully.

Thanks.

Thank you!

Initially I had installation problems but it was because I dragged and dropped instead of copying and pasting. Running V7 maps

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, jaysix79 said:

just wondering if anyone can help me....

I'm running map2015....

i ran this script first ShortFuseScript.zip

then unzip the Pioneer_T1000-25818 on my sdcard using password avic411s

plugin my micro sd.. nothing happen...

im able to upgrade my bluetooth firmware no problem though

i have x930bt

Two most likely guesses:

1. You don't actually have a X930bt. What does it say on the face?  Loading 2015 maps doesn't change that model number.

2. Something is wrong with your SD. What files/folders are in root? What size is the SD? Is it FAT32?

it is an actual X930bt  says on the right upper part of the head unit.....

I will try different sd card... i'm using a 32GB generic card..

used it before to update to 2015 about a year ago.... and used to erased password from you helpful links too and it works..

also used it to run the script for ShortFuseScript.

thanks for quick reply rons ill report back on my result

4 hours ago, RonS said:

Two most likely guesses:

1. You don't actually have a X930bt. What does it say on the face?  Loading 2015 maps doesn't change that model number.

2. Something is wrong with your SD. What files/folders are in root? What size is the SD? Is it FAT32?

hey Rons and everyone everything i believe its the cheappo sd is the problem... its probably due to my cheap sdcard that i been using... thank you rons

just to a side note

I was having issue with bluetooth  that's the main reason I updated... when i was on map2015 update it worked for the first few months and then all of a sudden it stopped streaming music over bluetooth. My first assumption was its because I updated my phone... few phone update later still having the same problem.... I'm using samsung s7 with my x930bt..  fast forward last two nights i was bored and looking for a resulotion. for 2 nights I been looking for an older version of bluetooth firmware. older than 3.24.. since i couldn't find one. i was like hey try updating again since i came accross this update... i tried it last night using map2017's bluetooth. since thats the only thing i can do using a crappy sd...... that didn't... so finally this morning i was able to update the main software and map.....tried  updating the bluetooth again with the same result i cannot stream music over bluetooth... then agian.... i was hey one more bluetooth update.. it should hurt... finally it work... so i guess you just have to keep updating bluetooth untill it works.. maybe the update is not sticking for one time try.... I'm i might be just crazy anyways.. now i left a copy of bluetooth update on my sd just incase i have the same problem again later on.....

another qick question ... seems like the x920 x930 x40  has more update or hacking  thank x950... is it worth buying a x950 second hand??

thank you Rons and the 411 forum... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Z130BT stock system FW3.00.  Did the RonS hack with no issues. Started loading 2017 firmware and maps. Everything went well until 12 min to completion.  read errors - Retry, Retry, Retry, nothing.  Installation aborted. Okay, what to do next.  When the system boots its looking for the SD card.  I  reformatted the SD card and reloaded the program.  Now the system does not like the SD card.   Any suggestions?  

Thanks, Rick

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, nosaJ-11C7 said:

Does anyone happen to have a saved copy of the product information for the map update?  The link on the official website is unfortunately dead.

AVIC-Z110BT, AVIC-Z120BT, AVIC-X920BT         CRD5009A.pdf

I'd like to find out what other software changes might be included in the update before I purchase it myself.  Thanks!

Got it. 

Pioneer_2017_maps-Z110-CRD5009A.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Two dumb questions:

1. On the Z140BH, I previously updated it to the 2015 release using notes in the other threads. But I don't recall having to use any shortfuse hack, although maybe I used test mode.  I think all I did was mod the CARDINFO file and insert the new SD contents and it upgraded.  Why is there a different approach to upgrading with the 2017 this time to bypass the password lock, which I don't recall doing at all on the 2015 update.  (I'm asking this because I used to make hybrid map DVD hacks for the AVIC-90DVD and AVIC-D3 units and I want to be educated)

2. Has the forum software been updated? I see references all the time to "see post #23" or something like that, but the post #'s no longer show up on the top right of posts, instead there is a report or share link but no post number link.

Feel free to throw rocks.

2 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Two dumb questions:

1. On the Z140BH, I previously updated it to the 2015 release using notes in the other threads. But I don't recall having to use any shortfuse hack, although maybe I used test mode.  I think all I did was mod the CARDINFO file and insert the new SD contents and it upgraded.  Why is there a different approach to upgrading with the 2017 this time to bypass the password lock, which I don't recall doing at all on the 2015 update.  (I'm asking this because I used to make hybrid map DVD hacks for the AVIC-90DVD and AVIC-D3 units and I want to be educated)

2. Has the forum software been updated? I see references all the time to "see post #23" or something like that, but the post #'s no longer show up on the top right of posts, instead there is a report or share link but no post number link.

Feel free to throw rocks.

No rocks, but:

#1 Whoever figured out that old hack (pionera???) doesn't seem to be around anymore. So the shortfuse hack worked and will probably always work for these old units. On that other hardware, you are on your own.

#2 Yes. Jason rehosted and converted to a newer BB software. I guess some things didn't (or couldn't) get ported. It does seem to have severly cut down on spammers, but that's the only thing I like about it. But nobody asked me.