Jump to content
AVIC411.com
RonS

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

I've got a z110bt and I've been able to update in the past without any issues. For some reason, I cannot get this 2017 update to work. I can run the shortfuse script but can't get the maps to install. 

I get the "Wrong SD card. Install correct SD card" error before even getting the chance to put in a password. I've tried several things:

- Full format(not quick format) 2 different 8GB cards (used in previous updates) for FAT 32 with default config and 32k. I tried 16k and it wouldn't let it finish. 

- I've tried both the cardinfo.cif from the original zip as well as the specified z110 file that was also linked to this thread.

Can anyone lend some insight into this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Jefe2323
Edit: I've re-formatted at 16k and now get the "An error occurred, update failed". It will also show the message "insert SD card"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 6:19 PM, Jefe2323 said:

Hey all,

I've got a z110bt and I've been able to update in the past without any issues. For some reason, I cannot get this 2017 update to work. I can run the shortfuse script but can't get the maps to install. 

I get the "Wrong SD card. Install correct SD card" error before even getting the chance to put in a password. I've tried several things:

- Full format(not quick format) 2 different 8GB cards (used in previous updates) for FAT 32 with default config and 32k. I tried 16k and it wouldn't let it finish. 

- I've tried both the cardinfo.cif from the original zip as well as the specified z110 file that was also linked to this thread.

Can anyone lend some insight into this issue?

Thank you in advance!

I can also enter TESTMODE and was able to copy over old files from USER. I'm just not able to update to new maps no matter what I've tried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have Pioneer_T1000-25818.zip but can't find the proper password. And it isn't "PASSWORDPASSWORD" . Could I please have the right one? Thank you.

I do have ShortFuseScript.zip and would be good to go.

Found what I was looking for, thank you. I was missing the other password. Updating as I type with 18 minutes to go.

Thank you RonS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shane H said:

Hello, I have Pioneer_T1000-25818.zip but can't find the proper password. And it isn't "PASSWORDPASSWORD" . Could I please have the right one? Thank you.

I do have ShortFuseScript.zip and would be good to go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RonS, I used the "Easy" method, everything went smooth. But now Ipod wont work. The menu changed, I switch the CARDINFO with Z110Z120X920CARDINFO I have the 120BT. What did I do wrong? I'm going outside right now. It worked fine, cable is good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Shane H said:

RonS, I used the "Easy" method, everything went smooth. But now Ipod wont work. The menu changed, I switch the CARDINFO with Z110Z120X920CARDINFO I have the 120BT. What did I do wrong? I'm going outside right now. It worked fine, cable is good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx

What do you mean? how is your iPod connected? Did you try AV System Settings/App Connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shane H said:

I was in a hurry. Ipod nano connected with the usb/av cable. In the first pic only the settings and eq buttons work.

 

 

I never used App Mode - didn't even know it worked with a nano. I can only suggest doing a hard reset by disconnecting the car battery for a couple minutes. This often cures odd behavior after a firmware update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never used app mode either. The selection is either wired or Bluetooth no off. I am going to disconnect the battery now since I can't find the radio fuse on the Hummer.

Just pulled the radio fuse, it was powerless, reinstalled fuse and no change. The ipod function goes into app mode.

I'm not 100% sure but if I remember right App mode was always greyed out before I did the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 10:35 AM, RonS said:

Thought I'd post the Installation/operation manuals and info on the two 2017 updates (v7.0 firmware). I recommend that everyone review them before installing. Also note the specific instructions for upgrading BT from older( < 3.10) versions to v3.32. And as before, it doesn't seem possible to add iPhone Lightning connector support(patches 4.6 or 5.1) after the fact. It must be installed before installing firmware 6.0 and higher. IDK if there is a workaround.

 

Only Compatible With: 

  • AVIC-Z110BT, AVIC-Z120BT, AVIC-X920BT         CRD5009A.pdf
  • AVIC-Z130BT, AVIC-X930BT, AVIC-X9310BT, AVIC-Z140BH, AVIC-X940BT          CRD5006A.pdf

As with other updates, either product can be made to install on any of the above units when used with the proper CARDINFO file.  See post #26 for the update files and see Shortfuse Hack for how to hack you unit prior to installing those files.

The manuals wont open up,says page not found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigCurt327 said:

The maps wont do anything when I put the card in my z110bt

Did you replace the Cardinfo.cif file on the SD? The one in the ZIP is for Z130 or Z140

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 1:32 PM, RonS said:

Did you replace the Cardinfo.cif file on the SD? The one in the ZIP is for Z130 or Z140

I've been trying I cant seem to figure out how to do it I guess.. I downloaded winrar (I seen someone suggest using it). But I cant get the one for 130 /140 to delete/move. Apparently I'm not the best with computers. Smdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×