Jump to content
AVIC411.com
RonS

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, BigCurt327 said:

I've been trying I cant seem to figure out how to do it I guess.. I downloaded winrar (I seen someone suggest using it). But I cant get the one for 130 /140 to delete/move. Apparently I'm not the best with computers. Smdh

Can anybody help me? Please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2018 at 3:37 AM, RonS said:

Looks like they removed them from Navigation.com web-site. Their link does the same thing. Here's the files:

 

Pioneer_2017_maps-Z110-CRD5009A.pdf

Pioneer_2017_maps-Z130-CRD5006A.pdf

Hello RonS,

I have been reading your posts and I was wondering if you can help me out. I have a pioneer avic-f930bt currently on firmware version 3.0 and possibly 2011/2012 Australia maps. I am hoping to update it to the latest firmware and maps. Would you by chance have Australia maps available that I could install with firmware v7.0 on my unit? It would be great if you could help me or point me in the right direction. Just FYI... This is my first pioneer unit and I am a total novice in this.

 

Look forward to hearing from you on my request soon.

Cheers!

Gangs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gangs said:

Hello RonS,

I have been reading your posts and I was wondering if you can help me out. I have a pioneer avic-f930bt currently on firmware version 3.0 and possibly 2011/2012 Australia maps. I am hoping to update it to the latest firmware and maps. Would you by chance have Australia maps available that I could install with firmware v7.0 on my unit? It would be great if you could help me or point me in the right direction. Just FYI... This is my first pioneer unit and I am a total novice in this.

 

Look forward to hearing from you on my request soon.

Cheers!

Gangs

Nope. No idea about Aus maps or where to get them. You might have to find your local Pioneer web site and buy them. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RonS said:

Nope. No idea about Aus maps or where to get them. You might have to find your local Pioneer web site and buy them. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Thanks for the reply mate. I already contacted the local Pioneer outfit and they informed me that the last map update for the F930BT was in 2015. Nothing available after that. Looks like my hunt goes on.

In the meanwhile, perhaps you can help me with another thing. How can I update my F930BT to firmware V7.0 without updating the maps? If I have the latest firmware, maybe I can then look at hacking some maps and installing that on my unit. 

Cheers!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gangs said:

How can I update my F930BT to firmware V7.0 without updating the maps? If I have the latest firmware, maybe I can then look at hacking some maps and installing that on my unit. 

Cheers!!!

I have no idea. I don't think it would even work (new firmware with old maps). They are built together.  Also I don't think there would be any noticeable benefit. Keep in mind that 2015 maps aren't exactly obsolete.

Maybe someone with F series hardware has been able to install a 3rd party app (such as igo). I don't get involved with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say a big "Thank You!" to RonS and nezfotnemom - Upgrade of my x940bt went flawlessly.  You guys Rock!  Zen, just sent you $ via Paypal.  Cheers!

-Squeege96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2018 at 10:45 PM, RonS said:

I have no idea. I don't think it would even work (new firmware with old maps). They are built together.  Also I don't think there would be any noticeable benefit. Keep in mind that 2015 maps aren't exactly obsolete.

Maybe someone with F series hardware has been able to install a 3rd party app (such as igo). I don't get involved with that.

Thanks RonS... let's see how my update to the 2015 version goes and then take things ahead from there. Cheers!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been quite some time since I posted anything here, but I'm in need of a "refresher" course on updating my Z120bt.  I was originally successful updating maps and firmware with the 2012 version, but when I attempted the 2017 last year, I ran into some issues.  Had I tried to continue troubleshooting, I probably wouldn't have forgotten the process. RonS was very helpful in getting me back to a functional unit, but it continues to be less than ideal.  Bluetooth for calls is generally good, but it refuses to connect to BT audio 99% of the time.  I have deleted profiles and restarted from scratch many times and rarely if ever does it work. The few times I did get it to work required toggling BT audio profile on/off on my phone options, but now that won't even work. Pandora, Aha, etc. are also not available on screen.  If I was able to get BT audio to work correctly, I wouldnt care about the built in apps at all.  I'm sure someone has asked this before, but is there any way at all to just revert back to original firmware/maps?  My guess is no, so my follow-up question is simply whether anyone has a step-by-step they are willing to offer me to get me to a more usable state.  Currently, my HD radio, CD/DVD player, SD slot, and navigation are all working properly.  I will gladly offer any info needed regarding versions, etc. I've just been so busy with life to address all this till now.  Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted November 29, 2017

  On 11/28/2017 at 9:49 PM, JaxBadDad said:

Update:  Tried a factory reset.  Only difference I noticed was the annoying button beep. LOL  I ran a fresh shortfuse hack, and attempted to redo the update to no avail.  Put Testmodekey on an SD card and went into directory for user, but the PRG.FLG file wasn't there.  I watched the YouTube video and saw it clear as day on his screen, but mine was missing.  Any other ideas?

 

At this point, I'd be willing to deal with 2010 Maps if I could get the system back to original before the 2012 & 2017 updates.  Or maybe just find a way to reinstall the 2012.

OK, I didn't realize you'd installed the 2012 update.  That's why no PRG.FLG file. The unit has two sets of files under USER. PRG0 and PRG1. Initially they are identical copies and PRG0 is the "active" one. Each successive map/app update alternates between the two directories. So 2012 overwrote PRG1. And 2017 overwrote PRG0. The way the boot loader knows which one is "active" is by the absence (PRG0) or presence (PRG1) of PRG.FLG. 

Initially PRG.FLG didn't exist, so PRG0 was "active". When you installed 2012, PRG1 became "active" and the installationer created PRG.FLG. Then you installed 2017, which overwrote PRG0 and deleted PRG.FLG.

PRG.FLG is just an empty file. So you might try making a file on your computer and copying it to /USER. It is worth a try, and if it doesn't help, it can easily be undone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is the last time I had posted.  I mistakenly created a new account as I couldnt remember the previous one.  RonS was attemting to help me, but sadly, life got in the way and the fix was never completed.  As far as "creating" a PRG.FLG file, I'm a bit lost.  I can create a text document and name it PRG.FLG if thats what you're saying here.   Otherwise, please instruct me on what to do.  It's been over a month since I reached out to the community, and havent heard anything.  I hope this forum hasnt died as it would be missed greatly by those that need it.  Thanks,  JaxBadDad a.k.a. synapse911 : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, synapse911 said:

Posted November 29, 2017

  On 11/28/2017 at 9:49 PM, JaxBadDad said:

Update:  Tried a factory reset.  Only difference I noticed was the annoying button beep. LOL  I ran a fresh shortfuse hack, and attempted to redo the update to no avail.  Put Testmodekey on an SD card and went into directory for user, but the PRG.FLG file wasn't there.  I watched the YouTube video and saw it clear as day on his screen, but mine was missing.  Any other ideas?

 

At this point, I'd be willing to deal with 2010 Maps if I could get the system back to original before the 2012 & 2017 updates.  Or maybe just find a way to reinstall the 2012.

OK, I didn't realize you'd installed the 2012 update.  That's why no PRG.FLG file. The unit has two sets of files under USER. PRG0 and PRG1. Initially they are identical copies and PRG0 is the "active" one. Each successive map/app update alternates between the two directories. So 2012 overwrote PRG1. And 2017 overwrote PRG0. The way the boot loader knows which one is "active" is by the absence (PRG0) or presence (PRG1) of PRG.FLG. 

Initially PRG.FLG didn't exist, so PRG0 was "active". When you installed 2012, PRG1 became "active" and the installationer created PRG.FLG. Then you installed 2017, which overwrote PRG0 and deleted PRG.FLG.

PRG.FLG is just an empty file. So you might try making a file on your computer and copying it to /USER. It is worth a try, and if it doesn't help, it can easily be undone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above is the last time I had posted.  I mistakenly created a new account as I couldnt remember the previous one.  RonS was attemting to help me, but sadly, life got in the way and the fix was never completed.  As far as "creating" a PRG.FLG file, I'm a bit lost.  I can create a text document and name it PRG.FLG if thats what you're saying here.   Otherwise, please instruct me on what to do.  It's been over a month since I reached out to the community, and havent heard anything.  I hope this forum hasnt died as it would be missed greatly by those that need it.  Thanks,  JaxBadDad a.k.a. synapse911 : )

Yes, you can create PRG.FLG many ways. Open an editor and save a file. Just make sure it is named PRG.FLG.  I'm not sure it will make any difference. Pioneer Bluetooth is kind of flakey. Always has been. It works for me only if, on startup,  I set the audio source to some non-bluetooth source - like iPod. Then wait for the phone to get connected (BT) to the head unit. I can then switch over to Pandora (or any other source that uses BT). If none of the above helps, I guess that's all I can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyway to remove the "Easy Method Shortfuse Hack" that was originally installed?  I fear it has affected my ability to "redo" the update somehow.  Would buying the "official" update from Pioneer magically fix things for me or have I tinkered with it and "on my own" basically? Sorry for all the questions but unfortunately my knowledge of this only extends to being able to follow directions as instructed.  Troubleshooting and problem solving requires me to hope for the help of the better informed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, synapse911 said:

Is there anyway to remove the "Easy Method Shortfuse Hack" that was originally installed?  I fear it has affected my ability to "redo" the update somehow.  Would buying the "official" update from Pioneer magically fix things for me or have I tinkered with it and "on my own" basically? Sorry for all the questions but unfortunately my knowledge of this only extends to being able to follow directions as instructed.  Troubleshooting and problem solving requires me to hope for the help of the better informed here.

Yes. you can undo it if you kept the SD that you used intact. But it is not necessary and would have no effect. You can not redo the update.  What troubleshooting are you referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the bluetooth will work every once in a while, only the "calls" come thru when it does work.  The audio streaming doesnt.  My phone will say that it is only connected to calls and not audio.  i have messed with every setting on the phone and receiver.  Problem is, the Pandora, Aha, etc. apps are nowhere to be found on the headunit.  When I installed 2012, I had Pandora, Aha, MusicSphere, etc.  Now none of those are anywhere as options.  That's the whole reason I'm desperately trying to get 2017 updates reloaded.  no bluetooth audio from phone and no pandora app available leaves me with zero music streaming options.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, RonS said:

I never used App Mode - didn't even know it worked with a nano. I can only suggest doing a hard reset by disconnecting the car battery for a couple minutes. This often cures odd behavior after a firmware update.

Well Ron I finally got around to disconnecting the battery today like you said to do months ago. . . guess what. . . .ipod function is back and works great again. The only reason I had time to do that was to replace my starter. Ha, Thanx for the excellent advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×