AVIC411.com
RonS

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

21 hours ago, nezfotnemom said:

@RonS - ever done one of these with a bad SD reader? Like through the usb port? I have an x920 that I am trying to update the maps on for a friend.. Wont read any SD cards.. I have tried all dif brands.. Boots from USB find but I do not know how to force this update through usb? Any ideas?

Sorry, never tried it. If it boots from USB (do you mean into testmode?) seems like you could try copying the upgrade files into the root of and empty memory stick. 

There's also the possibility of using Force Program Write in Testmode. I think you can specify the source device as USB.

Not sure if it's been brought up, but it likely isn't the Brand of SD card, but the capacity.  Most of the older units discussed in this forum have a hard time with anything over the size of 16GB and they seem pretty picky about the formatting.  FAT16 or FAT32 only.

Hello all, new to the forum. I stumbled along this thread when looking for UI mods instead I did the map update which is better than UI mods. I successfully updated my x930bt using the shortfuse and 2017 map dl. 

As for the memory card I used a 2gig micro SD8gig off brand micro SDHC. I think the later models pioneer Navi will not except any micro SDXC. I could be wrong. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this possible.

Hello everyone just did the update and all went well did the script on my Z110 then ran the map update now I am v7. only thing is that I have no gps and I am sure that comes from not having a factory gps antenna. I ordered one from amazon and it should be coming in Sat.. Oh I already upgraded my BT to v3.2 from yesterday when I loaded the 2013 maps. Just stumbled on this site.

P.S. the OP contribute link still works so I sent him a token wasn't much but I wanted to show him some love for sharing.