AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

hello guys maybe someone can help me as im a noob with this unit, I have a x930bt running fw ver 03.0000 and bt fw 3.22. id like to upgrade the unit but im not sure if i missed something as its not taking the update, it boots normal without updating, so last night i successfully loaded the shortfuse hack then loaded the (unziped) two folders and the cardinfo file on the sd. it wont take the update. no errors just wont update. the sd was formatted to fat32, i even tried the other cardinfo file with no change.do I need to load a previous Fw then this update. idk what am i missing

I am no expert but RonS helped me out. I have used a 8 GB SD card and formated it without quick format and 16kb seize. try that.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello guys maybe someone can help me as im a noob with this unit, I have a x930bt running fw ver 03.0000 and bt fw 3.22. id like to upgrade the unit but im not sure if i missed something as its not taking the update, it boots normal without updating, so last night i successfully loaded the shortfuse hack then loaded the (unziped) two folders and the cardinfo file on the sd. it wont take the update. no errors just wont update. the sd was formatted to fat32, i even tried the other cardinfo file with no change.do I need to load a previous Fw then this update. idk what am i missing

UPDATE i was able to get it to load but for some reason the short fuse hack didn't take. even thou it said success. the update is asking for a password.

Are you asking of what's the password. if so, then is PASSWORDPASSWORD. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I did the map update.

Verifications are:

- The Pioneer boot screen changes from 2013, or whatever yr it was previously, to 2017.

- I confirmed locations that were just built by taking before and after pics. Previous map didn't have these locations because the subdivisions were being built out.

Thanks for your hardwork RonS and to the member who provided the maps.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all Contributors I installed the updates along with the latest BT update.

The issue I have with Bluetooth 3.32 is the same as previous version.  The HU does not connect to Bluetooth Media (Music) on Android phone automatically.  I have to manually reconnect it every time I turn the car on.  

Has anyone with an Android phone (Samsung) been able to find a solution to this?

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick response.  I copied the previous from the other thread.  Sorry bout that.  I originally had neglected to update the bluetooth firmware after the map update, so I took care of that.  I believe it said 3.24 and was updating to 3.3X if I remember correctly. As instructed, after 10-15 mins. I reconnected the battery.  Now the majority of the icons on the left side while in AV Source are missing including Pandora, Aha, etc.  Prior to power disconnect, they were visable.  Bluetooth still refuses to connect.  Should I try reinstalling the map update?  If so, would the shortfuse hack need to be redone, or can I just insert the Map update SD and call it a day?  Thanks again for any help boss!

Update:  Tried a factory reset.  Only difference I noticed was the annoying button beep. LOL  I ran a fresh shortfuse hack, and attempted to redo the update to no avail.  Put Testmodekey on an SD card and went into directory for user, but the PRG.FLG file wasn't there.  I watched the YouTube video and saw it clear as day on his screen, but mine was missing.  Any other ideas?

At this point, I'd be willing to deal with 2010 Maps if I could get the system back to original before the 2012 & 2017 updates.  Or maybe just find a way to reinstall the 2012.

Update:  Tried a factory reset.  Only difference I noticed was the annoying button beep. LOL  I ran a fresh shortfuse hack, and attempted to redo the update to no avail.  Put Testmodekey on an SD card and went into directory for user, but the PRG.FLG file wasn't there.  I watched the YouTube video and saw it clear as day on his screen, but mine was missing.  Any other ideas?

At this point, I'd be willing to deal with 2010 Maps if I could get the system back to original before the 2012 & 2017 updates.  Or maybe just find a way to reinstall the 2012.

OK, I didn't realize you'd installed the 2012 update.  That's why no PRG.FLG file. The unit has two sets of files under USER. PRG0 and PRG1. Initially they are identical copies and PRG0 is the "active" one. Each successive map/app update alternates between the two directories. So 2012 overwrote PRG1. And 2017 overwrote PRG0. The way the boot loader knows which one is "active" is by the absence (PRG0) or presence (PRG1) of PRG.FLG. 

Initially PRG.FLG didn't exist, so PRG0 was "active". When you installed 2012, PRG1 became "active" and the installationer created PRG.FLG. Then you installed 2017, which overwrote PRG0 and deleted PRG.FLG.

PRG.FLG is just an empty file. So you might try making a file on your computer and copying it to /USER. It is worth a try, and if it doesn't help, it can easily be undone.

Thanks again for the quick response, and detailed explanation RonS!  As I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my road trip, I'll have to give your suggestion a try when I return.  I did find a way to bluetooth my audio from my phone to my receiver.  As long as I have audio playing on my phone when it connects to the receiver, it pairs properly for both handsfree and audio.  Otherwise, only the handsfree seems to work.  Pandora, Aha, etc. are still mysteriously missing, but I can live with that for now.  When I return on Tuesday, I'll give your suggestion a go and let you know how it works out.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Has any one had issues downloading the maps off Google Drives?  I can't get passed the page that says the file is too large to scan.  I click on download anyway and it just keeps going on a continuous loop.  No issues downloading anything else off of this site. 

Works fine for me. Windows 10. When I click "Download Anyway" it starts D/Ling to my Downloads folder and displays the progress in the bottom left of my screen. The whole thing takes < 5 min on my 100Mb connection. Done by the time I write this message.

Hey just a couple questions regarding this.

I currently have a z130BT with firmware 3.0 and BT firmware 3.22.

From what I understand I would have to follow these steps to update to the current 2017 firmware/maps:

• Run RonS's shortfuse hack script to prepare my unit
  • Format the SD card and put the contents of the zip file that nezfotnemom posted in post #26
  • Insert the SD card into the unit and run the steps
  • Done
I've read through the manual and some of this topic and noticed that RonS said iPhone lightning connector support from patches 4.6 or 5.1. Does that mean that I would have to go from 3.0->4.6 to add lightning connector support, then 4.6->7.0 for current maps? In the installation manual for 2017 the only topic that talks about lightning cable support deals with Z140BH and x940BT, so how do I go about adding lightning cable support for my Z130BT unit on firmware 3.0

From what I understand I would have to follow these steps to update to the current 2017 firmware/maps:

• Format the SD card and put the contents of the zip file that nezfotnemom posted in post #26
  • Done
I've read through the manual and some of this topic and noticed that RonS said iPhone lightning connector support from patches 4.6 or 5.1. Does that mean that I would have to go from 3.0->4.6 to add lightning connector support, then 4.6->7.0 for current maps? In the installation manual for 2017 the only topic that talks about lightning cable support deals with Z140BH and x940BT, so how do I go about adding lightning cable support for my Z130BT unit on firmware 3.0

I honestly don't know what is needed for Lightning support. I'd suggest following Pioneer's upgrade instructions - upgrading a Z130 from the original firmware to 7.0. Don't forget to update BT drivers.

• Done

Aloha,

On a AVIC - X930BT

I am in a similar boat. 

Ran shortfuse and installed 2017 USA Maps without a glitch. Just make sure you follow the directions.

Went to BlueTooth settings and updated to 3.32 from 3.22 without a hiccup.

1. AS Gooby389 inquired please point us in the direction of the STICKY for removing the NAG screen. I have Pioneer_T1000-25818 loaded on a card ready to go would I use a file in this repository to remove it ?

2. Also for BlueTooth how to from 3.32 to 4.6 to 6.0 and is it worth it to upgrade the version ?

3. Screen mirroring VIDEO from Iphone 6( running iOs11.2.2) to AVIC display does anyone know of a How To  ?