81 replies to this topic

#76 RonS

RonS

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 1515 posts
  • LocationBelleair Beach, Florida

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

Hi! If I have an F940, can I install these maps instead of the EU ones?

Thanks!

Don't know. You could try and let us know. No harm if it won't install. But you probably would need the CardInfo file from the F series F40/F940 release. Be aware it won't change the DVD region and probably will keep the EU FM radio frequencies (which isn't  a big deal since US only uses odd (ie 99.5, 99.7...)

#77 Strong

Strong
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Worked perfectly on z130 with shortfuse script. Thank you, Paypal contribution on the way.

#78 nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:44 AM

anyone try this on a x920/z110/z120 yet?

RonS: are the DLLs the same? Can I in theory take my patched (working) dll from you and use it on a x920? I have a friend who wants to do this on his x920 and he keeps telling me his prg folders dont have the DLL.. was wondering if he could copy yours over, then do the install. If so, I will have him try with the cif you posted

#79 MrTtrn001

MrTtrn001
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Got a simple question to ask.  If someone has already used the Shortfuse method to change the DLL file, then why not just upload the new DLL file and save people a lot of time.  Like me I have a Z110BT that has never had any updates.  I have no clue how to go in a program and edit the code.  I do know how to go into a program and change files with new ones.  See I believe in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).  Everybody having to use the Shortfuse method is the hard way.  Uploading the new DLL file is the easy way.  Like     Keep It Simple Stupid.   And better yet why not just upload the patched update.

#80 Hoof-Harted

Hoof-Harted
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Got a simple question to ask.  If someone has already used the Shortfuse method to change the DLL file, then why not just upload the new DLL file and save people a lot of time.  Like me I have a Z110BT that has never had any updates.  I have no clue how to go in a program and edit the code.  I do know how to go into a program and change files with new ones.  See I believe in the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).  Everybody having to use the Shortfuse method is the hard way.  Uploading the new DLL file is the easy way.  Like     Keep It Simple Stupid.   And better yet why not just upload the patched update.

Keep It Stupid, Simple. Read post #15 in the Short fuse thread. It doesn't get any simpler

#81 Hoof-Harted

Hoof-Harted
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

anyone try this on a x920/z110/z120 yet?

RonS: are the DLLs the same? Can I in theory take my patched (working) dll from you and use it on a x920? I have a friend who wants to do this on his x920 and he keeps telling me his prg folders dont have the DLL.. was wondering if he could copy yours over, then do the install. If so, I will have him try with the cif you posted

Use the same dll or use the new Short fuse installation script. See #15 in Short fuse hack thread. It does all the work.

#82 nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:17 AM

Use the same dll or use the new Short fuse installation script. See #15 in Short fuse hack thread. It does all the work.

Yes I get that.. I was just hoping I could use my same DLL from my x940 and save a few steps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users