2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Gojira

Gojira
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

hello guys maybe someone can help me as im a noob with this unit, I have a x930bt running fw ver 03.0000 and bt fw 3.22. id like to upgrade the unit but im not sure if i missed something as its not taking the update, it boots normal without updating, so last night i successfully loaded the shortfuse hack then loaded the (unziped) two folders and the cardinfo file on the sd. it wont take the update. no errors just wont update. the sd was formatted to fat32, i even tried the other cardinfo file with no change.do I need to load a previous Fw then this update. idk what am i missing

I am no expert but RonS helped me out. I have used a 8 GB SD card and formated it without quick format and 16kb seize. try that.

#122 Gojira

Gojira
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

hello guys maybe someone can help me as im a noob with this unit, I have a x930bt running fw ver 03.0000 and bt fw 3.22. id like to upgrade the unit but im not sure if i missed something as its not taking the update, it boots normal without updating, so last night i successfully loaded the shortfuse hack then loaded the (unziped) two folders and the cardinfo file on the sd. it wont take the update. no errors just wont update. the sd was formatted to fat32, i even tried the other cardinfo file with no change.do I need to load a previous Fw then this update. idk what am i missing

UPDATE i was able to get it to load but for some reason the short fuse hack didn't take. even thou it said success. the update is asking for a password.

Are you asking of what's the password. if so, then is PASSWORDPASSWORD. Good luck

#123 knightwolf6269

knightwolf6269
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Are you asking of what's the password. if so, then is PASSWORDPASSWORD. Good luck

thank you ill give it a shot this afternoon

#124 tony_2018

tony_2018
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

K,

1. run shortfuse script to backup and overwrite with hacked 'RenewalIFLib'.

2. run the map update with pw 'PASSWORDPASSWORD'

3. VERIFY?

How does one verify if the maps have been updated?

#125 tony_2018

tony_2018
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

Ok, so I did the map update.

Verifications are:

- The Pioneer boot screen changes from 2013, or whatever yr it was previously, to 2017.

- I confirmed locations that were just built by taking before and after pics. Previous map didn't have these locations because the subdivisions were being built out.

Thanks for your hardwork RonS and to the member who provided the maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users