AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

4 hours ago, Phillys finest said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the links to the manuals aren’t working. 

Will this $120 update from navigation.com not just do maps but also firmware and BT? Will this latest BT update allow my iPhone X to work

I am trying to update my Z110bt which I have neglected for a few years

The links I provided work. But those on Navigation.com are broken. Each release includes maps and firmware. I suggest you check the manual for specifics on support for iPhone and iTouch devices.

If you are still running on the original Z110 firmware (IIRC it was v 1.xxx), you might have serious issues installing the 2017 update version posted in this thread (for Z130 & Z140). Some people with original Z110 firmware had odd problems related to the tuner. I suspect it is caused by drivers for a different traffic tuner that is no longer supported.  I suggest that you install firmware specifically released for the Z110/Z120 to ensure you get the updated traffic tuner drivers (even if you don't use the new traffic tuner).

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RonS said:

The links I provided work. But those on Navigation.com are broken. Each release includes maps and firmware. I suggest you check the manual for specifics on support for iPhone and iTouch devices.

If you are still running on the original Z110 firmware (IIRC it was v 1.xxx), you might have serious issues installing the 2017 update version posted in this thread (for Z130 & Z140). Some people with original Z110 firmware had odd problems related to the tuner. I suspect it is caused by drivers for a different traffic tuner that is no longer supported.  I suggest that you install firmware specifically released for the Z110/Z120 to ensure you get the updated traffic tuner drivers (even if you don't use the new traffic tuner).

Thanks Ron, your links now work. I think the site must have been having an issue. 

I know I installed the paid update that pioneer had I think 2011 maps? Do you think I would be ok then since I have already made 1 update?

I don’t see anything in the manual about what iPhones would be supported now but I guess it’s worth a shot

11 hours ago, Phillys finest said:

Thanks Ron, your links now work. I think the site must have been having an issue. 

I know I installed the paid update that pioneer had I think 2011 maps? Do you think I would be ok then since I have already made 1 update?

I don’t see anything in the manual about what iPhones would be supported now but I guess it’s worth a shot

I think that will do it. I don't remember when they switched support for traffic tuners. I think it was in the first update after 2010.

• 4 weeks later...

RonS  you are simply amazing!  I just read this thread and I am so impressed by your patience, gracious helpfulness and ability to understand, troubleshoot and diagnose problems—and your responsiveness is incredible!   Thank you so much!

I'm on a trip out of state (and I flew) and my car is at home, so I don't even have the option to try any of this out until I get back.  But this seemed like a good time familiarize myself with the process and the potential pitfalls...

I'm somewhat shocked by the number of people who do not carefully review the process making sure to actually understand all the steps and everything, especially on such costly "toys"!  I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised.

I've read at least half a dozen other threads on this site in the past and your presence, attitude & activity have been very stable and predictable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 6:45 PM, RonS said:

Oh man, I feel for ya. Strep can knock the $hit out of you.  Rest up.

From the zip file name I see this is T1000-25818, which is for Z130/Z140/X930/X940. So older units will need a new Cardinfo. See the attachment.

Need a guinea pig to try installing on a Z110/Z120/X920. After unzipping, replace the existing CardInfo.CIF. No fears - if it is wrong, the update will not run. 

For now, everyone will need to do the ShortFuse hack to get past the installation password. Hack

Z110Z120X920CARDINFO.zip

I just did this update with the Z110Z120X920CARDINFO file above on my AVIC-X920BT unit and it worked great. I upgraded straight from the original software to this 2017 version and then I ran the Bluetooth update. Thank you all so much! Now my Bluetooth will finally pair with my samsung S8 smartphone. I was about to purchase a new radio for $500 (including install) but not any more. Everything seems to be working fine including the backup camera. Thanks a million!

9 hours ago, crai6m4ck1 said:

Ok, so just to double check... I should use the ShortFuseScript.zip?  Unzip it to the root of an SD card, insert it into the unit and then "press any key (button) to continue" and let it do it's thing?  Am I missing anything?

Correct.That fixes your headunit to bypass Pioneer's registration password validation. Then install the map update.

17 minutes ago, crai6m4ck1 said:

Does anyone know what specifically these updates changed/added?  I can't tell a difference in any user facing area.  

No change in the user interface.  Might be better BT support (but we've been on 3.32 since 2015) and new maps. Maybe some minor bug fixes under the covers. Who knows.

A quick recap for those coming here in the future to upgrade their head unit to version 7 firmware, 2017 maps, and the latest Bluetooth version.  A special thanks to RonS for his help! 

Quoted from an earlier post of his, “This is a hack to prepare your unit to install a map/firmware update. Confirmed to allow firmware updates for all Z110, Z120, Z130, Z140, X920, X930, X940 - and probably their corresponding rest-of-the-world units. I can't say whether it will work with the very old units, and it won't work with the model numbers ending in 50 or greater,  or Nex units. 

This should work with the following F series models:

F10BT, F20BT, F30BT, F40BT, F840BT, F8430BT, F920BT, F930BT, F940BT, F9210BT, F9220BT, F9310BT”

This is the process that worked successfully with my x930bt and I would assume should work with all the models listed above (though I make no guarantees).

First

Download the ShortFuseScript.zip from here:

http://avic411.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16863

Extract the files (Hacked.dll, ScriptExec.ini, and TESTMORE.KEY) and place them in the root of an SD card.  

Insert the SD, it will prompt you to press any key (button) to continue - or - turn off the ignition to abort.  Press a button and it should finish fairly quickly.

Next

Install the version 7 firmware and 2017 maps found here

Pioneer_T1000-25818.zip 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5KpUvEq0nCnb29SZFVlNTZrZUk

You’ll be prompted for a password to open the encrypted file 

Password: avic411s

Extract the files out of the Pioneer folder and put them on the root of an SD card

Insert the SD card into the head unit and when prompted for the password enter: PASSWORDPASSWORD.  

It should take up to 30 minutes to install

Lastly, go into Bluetooth settings and select upgrade firmware.  

You’re done!

This is a really simple way to upgrade your unit that anyone should be able to handle.  Just make sure that you keep the power on at all times. I even left my vehicle idling just to be safe.  

For those not technically inclined, the Root of SD card means that the files are at the very top level and not within other folders.  So when you open the SD card you immediately see the files and you don’t have to explore folders to find them.

Good luck!