AVIC411.com

2017 v7 US/Can Update available for Z110/120/130/140,X920/930/940

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly recommend reading the installation documentation linked to in post #15.  Things of interest:

• The tables indicating changes between different software versions.
  • Instructions on updating the Bluetooth firmware - especially if you currently have older than v3.10.
  • Various settings that may be affected.

Keep in mind that your model number doesn't change by installing updates. If you have a Z110 from 2009 and previously installed 2015 maps - its not a Z140. Its still a Z110 just running updated software. The tables also show differences between update software versions.

With every update, some will have odd issues. Often with wired iPods or phone connection; issues with Pandora or AHA; App Radio, etc. First thing to try is to do a hard reset by removing all power (easiest is to disconnect the car battery but you could also pull both fuses that power the unit.). Also make sure the App Connection settings are correct for your usage.

Keep in mind that your model number doesn't change by installing updates. If you have a Z110 from 2009 and previously installed 2015 maps - its not a Z140. Its still a Z110 just running updated software. The tables also show differences between update software version.

yeah, I have the z140 running the 2016 maps

Oh man, I feel for ya. Strep can knock the $hit out of you.  Rest up.

From the zip file name I see this is T1000-25818, which is for Z130/Z140/X930/X940. So older units will need a new Cardinfo. See the attachment.

Need a guinea pig to try installing on a Z110/Z120/X920. After unzipping, replace the existing CardInfo.CIF. No fears - if it is wrong, the update will not run. 

For now, everyone will need to do the ShortFuse hack to get past the installation password. Hack

yea dude it was rough...nvm just read the shortfuse, going to wait and do this unit once we get a perm one

and my paypal link if anyone wants to donate. 

Just finished updating one of the radios. I can confirm that it works using the Shortfuse method that RonS posted. The only difference was the offsets posted had a couple different bytes that what I had on my radio. Changed them anyway and all worked out well. Shows V7 now.
Going to do the camera overlay hack, and update the BT next.

Thanks all. I'll be sending that paypal over soon =)

EDIT- radios are X940BT's

I still patched the same offset locations. Just my first byte on a few strings were off.

Just finished doing the nag screen mod and BT updates. Backup cam next.

Are you saying that at the specified offset the first bye was different? I wouldn't be surprised if the machine code moved a little in some versions of the DLL.

The rest of you beware. I'm very leery about blindly patching in bytes if the expected source file doesn't match. Realize these are machine instructions and/or addresses. Put in the wrong location  it could easily crash your unit.

If you need to break out of the update use the method at the bottom of the ShortFuse method instructions.

In reality, I think some of those patched sections aren't necessary. If you don't see the specified original bytes, I'd recommend just skipping that line of the patch instructions. Then the worst that could happen is that the update won't like your password. At that point you could look for the expected values near the expected location and try again. Maybe then you could post alternate patches to help others.

I think the version of the DLL I used was from the 2015 update (v6.0). I'm not certain if you could just use my patched version if the firmware in PRG0 was different. If someone wants to try that, I'll upload it. Be sure to post your results. This stuff can easily be undone if you keep a backup. Anyone feel adventurous?

NOTE: I have added a new section Alternate Patch Method.at the bottom of the ShortFuse instructions. Use this if your file offsets/data don't match the original instructions. But save the original file, just in case.

so, if i have never hacked my unit.....then i should not have to worry about this shortfuse or the backup camera hack

I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement. :) Nothing to worry about, as long as you're careful. Don't delete anything without a backup copy.

If you were asking if you needed to do ShortFuse, yes. Or it won't get past the installation password. Hopefully someone (pionara) will come up with a super-easy method that won't require manual hacks.

I'm not sure if that was a question or a statement. :) Nothing to worry about, as long as you're careful. Don't delete anything without a backup copy.

If you were asking if you needed to do ShortFuse, yes. Or it won't get past the installation password. Hopefully someone (pionara) will come up with a super-easy method that won't require manual hacks.

last time I did a upgrade for my older z130 that I downloaded from this site, I just had to swap CARDinfo files. when I got the Z140 that I have now, I purchased the upgrade from Ebay and just inserted the SD card and it did the upgrade. seems like I need to wait before I screw up my unit. sorry if I wasn't clear enough