AVIC411.com

avh-4200NEX Password Recovery

Hey guys, first post here.  I haven't been able to find anything on password recovery for the 4200NEX.  What files do I need to put this headunit into test mode?  Also, the SD card slot is behind the screen and requires a password to access so I only have the rear usb port.  Is there a way to get into test mode from that port?

Thanks for any help ahead of time, I just bought this car and the previous owner is unresponsive.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem. Bought a car used from owner that came with this stereo.

Started having car trouble wouldn’t start up dead battery. Replaced battery AAA now stereo asking for password. Can’t locate last owner I bought car from. Need help unlocking stereo please . Where Can I get the test key a for the Pioneer AVH 4200 nex stereo? Would appreciate the help greatly !

• 11 months later...

I downloaded the .rar file,  decompressed it and copied the files to a 8 GB USB stick.  I had previously wiped the stick and reformatted it.  I'm using a Mac.  I formatted the USB stick first time as MS-DOS, tried it, nada.  Went back and reformatted the stick as ex-FAT, put the files back on it, checked to make sure they copied over.  Deck still did not recognize the stick.  Now in my case, the deck (NEX 4201) was installed with a USB dongle out to the glove box from port 1.  I have used this connection before to update firmware, and it works fine.  However, in this case, the deck did not see the USB stick, or to be precise, the deck did not go into 'factory service mode.'   I've rooted other Android devices so the process is not completely foreign to me.  Any suggestions?

• 3 years later...