AVIC411.com

Map Update Hack using "ShortFuse" method - Z110-Z140;X920-X940

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi rons.

i solve the way but i have got a problem.

i changed RenewallFlib.dll mistake.

how can i find RenewallFlib.dll original for my HU ?

maybe if i installed 2015 maps, is this file make original ?

Just read post #15, and do that. You don't need to worry about your old one. But DO NOT bother trying to re-install 2015. If you want to, you can copy that RenewallFlib.dll  

Notice to all. In the next day or two I will be evacuating due to hurricane Irma. It is forecast to be near me on Sunday. I live on an island in the Gulf of Mexico about a mile off the Florida coast. So I can't wait for the last minute. I need to get to higher ground.

So don't count on getting much help from me.

• 2 weeks later...

After i run the shortfuse it says to insert sd with map update. So i do, and nothing happens. The unit just sits there on the black screen that says the shortfuse worked. I have a z130 by the way.

Yes, that's what it does. BTW, it doesn't say to "insert the sd wiith the map update".  It says "Now eject your SD and install your map update."  That just means to proceed with the normal map installation update procedure. Restart your unit manually with the map update inserted.  I updated the script to make it more obvious.

If it still doesn't do anything when you insert the map SD, you need a different CardInfo.cif .

How do i manually update from that screen without powering off? None of the buttons seem to do anything on that screen

I don't understand why you are adverse to cycling the power. Nothing bad will happen even with the ShortFuse script SD inserted. However the screen will open if you press and hold the eject button for about 5 seconds. Then you can remove the ShortFuse SD. Then turn the ignition off.

You can continue to use your unit as usual. When you are ready to do the update, insert the map update SD. 

I’m not adverse to cycling the power. I did exactly as you say and get to the password screen. Whatever i put in for a password does not work. That’s why i thought i might have done something wrong

It sounds like the hack didn't install. When you ran it,  the first thing it should do is present the message PRESS ANY KEY TO START OR TURN OFF IGNITION TO ABORT. What is supposed to happen is you should press one of the hardware buttons like Vol - or +, or <. >.  If you turn off the ignition then it won't install the hack. At that time, you can't re-run the hack script without rebuilding the SD from the zipped files. TestMode.key is deleted from the SD to prevent accidentally rerunning.

So, it isn't clear to me if you ever got past the above message. If you decide re-try the script, I recommend using a different SD because it saves the original RenewalIFLib.dll files (from PRG0 and PRG1) on the SD. To be 100% safe, you should keep the backed-up files.

However, if it sensed a keypress you should see a message Installation will start in 5 seconds... and then BACKING-UP EXISTING RenewalIFLib.dll FILES. Do you remember seeing such messages? I'm trying to get an idea if the script even ran.