AVIC411.com

Map Update Hack using "ShortFuse" method - Z110-Z140;X920-X940

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i patched my USER\PRG0\APL\RenewalIFLib.dll file on HU (in accordance with second method) and tried to map update but process freezed on %93 and asking "proper sd" before.

i unzipped shortfusescript.zip to my sd, insert the sd to my HU, and follow the instructions (after "ready to update" notice) i restart the HU (9220), HU was asking "proper sd card" and i inserted other (update sd card) and after a few second HU reasked "proper sd card".

??? 

which part is wrong i m surprised

i patched my USER\PRG0\APL\RenewalIFLib.dll file on HU (in accordance with second method) and tried to map update but process freezed on %93 and asking "proper sd" before.

i unzipped shortfusescript.zip to my sd, insert the sd to my HU, and follow the instructions (after "ready to update" notice) i restart the HU (9220), HU was asking "proper sd card" and i inserted other (update sd card) and after a few second HU reasked "proper sd card".

??? 

which part is wrong i m surprised

The shortfuse hack only needs to be installed once. If you start the map update and it accepts the Pioneer password, you are done with the hack. That's all it does. It has no direct relation to the map update failing. Your problem is already addressed in the 2017 F series update thread. Your map update SD probably has missing files because you didn't enter the zip password (from godzilla) using single quotes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked Awesome on my AVIC-Z140BH.  Shortfuse and Map update.  System feels MORE responsive than every before.  I don't know if they updated anything else in the update, but it was chuggy before this update and seems to fly with both the route mapping and time seems more accurate than before (it was RANDOM before).

Word of warning.  Make sure your vehicle is running or you KNOW that ACC powers your radio.  I had a pucker moment because I didn't know if ACC was connected to the radio or not when I started the MAP update.

Hi Guys

i have the F10BT and I took the following steps:

I downloaded the ShortFuse i unzipped the 3 files, saved them on a SD memory card. I ran the testmode to my unit. The Testmode saved to my SD Card the Renewall Files (RenewalIFLib.dl0 and RenewalIFLib.1dl0) and i cange with HxD the 4 values with the 00 50 A0 E3 and saved again to my SD card. I have copied only the two Files to my SD Card. I put my SD Card to my unit back but did not do anything on the unit.

What am I doing wrong? Should I put the other 3 files on the card from ShortFuse?

Please help me!

Thanks

Hi Guys

i have the F10BT and I took the following steps:

I downloaded the ShortFuse i unzipped the 3 files, saved them on a SD memory card. I ran the testmode to my unit. The Testmode saved to my SD Card the Renewall Files (RenewalIFLib.dl0 and RenewalIFLib.1dl0) and i cange with HxD the 4 values with the 00 50 A0 E3 and saved again to my SD card. I have copied only the two Files to my SD Card. I put my SD Card to my unit back but did not do anything on the unit.

What am I doing wrong? Should I put the other 3 files on the card from ShortFuse?

Please help me!

Thanks

Ready the 3rd paragraph (in red) of post #1. The hack was already installed by the script. You are done. If you use the script, you don't edit the files. Just go ahead and install your map update using PASSWORDPASSWORD for the Pioneer password.

Ready the 3rd paragraph (in red) of post #1. The hack was already installed by the script. You are done. If you use the script, you don't edit the files. Just go ahead and install your map update using PASSWORDPASSWORD for the Pioneer password.

Hi Ron S

I did what you said I ran the script after I put the card with the update which had the Firmware, Update, Cardinfo, Testmode.key, scriptExec.ini, RenewalIFLib.dll folders and when it reached 93% I was told to put the correct SD memory card. May I put in my SD memory card only the Firmware, Update, Cardinfo folders?

Thanks

Hi Ron S

I did what you said I ran the script after I put the card with the update which had the Firmware, Update, Cardinfo, Testmode.key, scriptExec.ini, RenewalIFLib.dll folders and when it reached 93% I was told to put the correct SD memory card. May I put in my SD memory card only the Firmware, Update, Cardinfo folders?

Thanks

The hack is installed. The map installation is not part of this thread. Your problem is with the map update files. Discuss that in the F-Series 2017 update thread.