AVIC411.com

Map Update Hack using "ShortFuse" method - Z110-Z140;X920-X940

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried to install the hack, but when putting the sd-card in my F930bt it says:

"caution!

Test mode failed starting!

[tun off acc]"

The sd-card/slot works fine when I put mp3 file's on it.

I have no idea why it failed. Looks like you will have to do the manual method. You don't need to patch/edit your RenewallFlib.dll file. use the one that came in the script zip. Download and extract  Supertestmode. Copy that Testmode.key to your SD and insert in the Avic. Test Mode should start. Go into file maintenance, then delete the existing RenewallFlib.dll files from  both APL folders (\USER\PRG0\APL and \USER\PRG1\APL). Then copy and paste the RenewallFlib.dll I included into both APL directories. Good luck - Testmode is a pain to use for many of us.

Thanks for the reply. Using the 3 files instead of just the one made it happen. Unfortunately my sd card went busted when updating. So I had to abort and remove the file in the Users folder. Now my set is pretty slow. Will buy a new sd card tomorrow and hopefully the update will start up again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm wondering if this hack is a one-time only install, or if it should be applied again before updating the maps again.

I used it for the 2017 update on my F920BT, but am now wondering if I should run it again when the 2019 update becomes available or if it's a persistent hack that gets preserved after a map+software upgrade.

8 hours ago, CoinCoin88 said:

Hey,

I'm wondering if this hack is a one-time only install, or if it should be applied again before updating the maps again.

I used it for the 2017 update on my F920BT, but am now wondering if I should run it again when the 2019 update becomes available or if it's a persistent hack that gets preserved after a map+software upgrade.

If you ran it in 2017, it wrote the hacked RenewalIFLib.dll file in PRG0/APL and PRG1/APL. Only one of those files got overwritten by the 2017 update. When you install an update, it overwrites the "non-active" PRGn files with the new update's files. Then it makes the new PRGn the active directory by setting or deleting /USER/PRG.FLG. So I'd guess the hack needs to be installed again since the non-hacked one is in the "active" PRGn/APL

However, that's all just theory. No one that I know of has even tried the hack with 2019. So I guess we'll find out soon.

• 2 months later...