AVIC411.com
RonS

Map Update Hack using "ShortFuse" method - Z110-Z140;X920-X940

The hack is installed. The map installation is not part of this thread. Your problem is with the map update files. Discuss that in the F-Series 2017 update thread.

It's OK! I will look at the other thread

Thanks

I've tried to install the hack, but when putting the sd-card in my F930bt it says:

"caution!

Test mode failed starting!

[tun off acc]"

The sd-card/slot works fine when I put mp3 file's on it.

I've tried to install the hack, but when putting the sd-card in my F930bt it says:

"caution!

Test mode failed starting!

[tun off acc]"

The sd-card/slot works fine when I put mp3 file's on it.

I have no idea why it failed. Looks like you will have to do the manual method. You don't need to patch/edit your RenewallFlib.dll file. use the one that came in the script zip. Download and extract  Supertestmode. Copy that Testmode.key to your SD and insert in the Avic. Test Mode should start. Go into file maintenance, then delete the existing RenewallFlib.dll files from  both APL folders (\USER\PRG0\APL and \USER\PRG1\APL). Then copy and paste the RenewallFlib.dll I included into both APL directories. Good luck - Testmode is a pain to use for many of us.

Thanks for the reply. Using the 3 files instead of just the one made it happen. Unfortunately my sd card went busted when updating. So I had to abort and remove the file in the Users folder. Now my set is pretty slow. Will buy a new sd card tomorrow and hopefully the update will start up again. 

Tried to use the shortfuse for F320BT, the hack file won't install on my AVIC. Nothing happens when inserting the SD card and the files stay on the card. Any suggestions how to install the files on this unit?

Tried to use the shortfuse for F320BT, the hack file won't install on my AVIC. Nothing happens when inserting the SD card and the files stay on the card. Any suggestions how to install the files on this unit?

If you are asking me - no ideas. I don't know anything about an F320-BT but it was never stated in the instructions that this hack would work on it.  You should start a new thread in the F series forum to see if anyone knows. I don't want this thread to get side-tracked for every incompatible model.

Good luck

Ron,

Do I have to rename the file: Hacked.dll for RenewalIFLib.dll ?  because when I insert SD card as it is (with the 3 files you posted, I get the error: this SD card cannot be used). I thought I read somewhere to look for the latest RenewalIFLib.dll from an older update but I no longer have that file. I am running the 2015 map update.

No -just as it says in my post. Do not change anything. Must be something wrong with your SD. Otherwise it is very foolproof.

What exactly does it say? Make sure it is FAT32 formatted and it is not write protected (the slide switch on the side of the SD).

On 9/6/2017 at 6:50 PM, RonS said:

ShortFuseScript.zip

Hey RonS,

Is the shortfusescript.zip attachment in your post still live? I'm getting this message when clicking to download: "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. Error code: 2C171/1", even though I had no issue downloading the z110bt***cardinfo.zip from another post of yours. 

As echoed by many other users on this forum, thanks again for all that you and the other contributing members do for the community!

1 hour ago, commando528 said:

Hey RonS,

Is the shortfusescript.zip attachment in your post still live? I'm getting this message when clicking to download: "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. Error code: 2C171/1", even though I had no issue downloading the z110bt***cardinfo.zip from another post of yours. 

As echoed by many other users on this forum, thanks again for all that you and the other contributing members do for the community!

I can download it. I'll attach it again 

ShortFuseScript.zip