AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, stephane sauve said:

Hello I replaced the battery in my girlfriend's car and the radio is in safety mode. This is an Avid X930 BT year 2011 I tried with the password removal scrip.zip on the micro SD card but the radio does not recognize the card? Does anyone have an idea to unlock the radio? Thank you

Use a smaller SD (try 4 or 8 GB) and format it on a PC. I can't think of any other possible issues - assuming you correctly followed the instructions in post #1. BTW, you don't put the zip file on the SD. You un-zip it and put the extracted files on it.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, skora20 said:

Hi, I can't remove the password on my radio with this script, such a message pops up, the radio is avic f840bt, please help

The script first make a copy of the password file on your SD. For some reason, it can not write to the SD. I have not tried this script on an F840. Maybe the SD device name is different. Or it is read only. 

You can get around this by editing (on a PC) the script (ScriptExec.ini) and deleting the line that says "COPY USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT SD\PASSWORD.DAT"

This is not needed, just a way of restoring the password if you change your mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @RonS, thanks a lot for this. Tried it this morning and it works.

I placed a new battery in my car and since then it was asking for the PW which i couldnt find anywhere.

With this script it removed the password prompt and i dont need to put in any PW anymore.

But i have a question for you now; 

1. Is the password deleted really PERMANENTLY from the device itself or will it ask me again for a PW when i would disconnect the battery/get a new battery in the future. Or if i decide to sell the unit, is there any chance the unit would ask the new owner for the PW?

2. How do I put in a custom PW on the device if i would like to do that now?

I have a F930BT.

Thanks in advance and for your effort :)

1 hour ago, f700bt-013 said:

1. Is the password deleted really PERMANENTLY from the device itself or will it ask me again for a PW when i would disconnect the battery/get a new battery in the future. Or if i decide to sell the unit, is there any chance the unit would ask the new owner for the PW?

2. How do I put in a custom PW on the device if i would like to do that now?

I have a F930BT.

1. It should be permanent or until a new password is set

2. I don't know, I've never done it. It's in the user manual. If you don't have one search for one and download a copy.

But I can not think of a good reason to ever set one. A year from now if your battery dies, are you going to remember it? It isn't a theft deterrent. A thief will still smash your window and destroy your dashboard removing the radio. He won't know it has a password. But if he searches online he'll find the instructions here to remove it.