AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

I see, thanks for the quick reply.

I am planning to upgrade with an android device and I want to sell my F930BT i own now, so i will put a password i think for the new owner so if the unit does ask for a PW in the future at least the new owner has one to unlock it with :).

But you helped a lot of people out including me so thanks a lot for that!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, f700bt-013 said:

I want to sell my F930BT i own now, so i will put a password i think for the new owner so if the unit does ask for a PW in the future at least the new owner has one to unlock it with :).

New units do not come with a security password set. So you really are not doing the new owner a favor. In fact, he will probably be cursing you once he needs it and doesn't remember it. So unless you are selling it to your ex-wife, I'd say don't do it.

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, dude9887 said:

Just wondering why the script is removed.. It would have been handy. I guess I'll just buy a new head unit. :-(

And I'm an idiot. its there just need an acct to get it. doh! worked well. I modified not to remove the password.dat but just to copy and that works. but the file is binary. so not really useful. I put the OG code in and it works good. I'm making a copy on a smaller (older) sd and keeping it with the car manual in the glove box. How you figured out that what this script was... I gather you like to tinker.. Well done.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, dude9887 said:

Just wondering why the script is removed.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, dude9887 said:

And I'm an idiot. its there just need an acct to get it. doh!

Don't beat yourself up. If you hadn't opened an account to post, you'd never have figured it out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ron, I got a F940BT from a friend. You are so right. Do not put a password in your radio. I could not unlock this radio. After trying a few numbers the radio locked up. Well with your unlock password file I am able to use this radio. I bet Pioneer is not happy with you. Thank you.  If I had your bank acc. details I could pay for this information.

• 2 weeks later...

A massive thank you from the UK.  After buying a used car with no paperwork on the PIONEER AVIC 930BT that's been installed and 24 hrs of heartache, what I thought was going to cost $$$ - I came across this thread and had it working within minutes.

THANK YOU MILLIONS :)

Assuming you posted the screen shots in chronological order:

The first time it failed on the REMOVE command, which deletes the file USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT after copying it to the SD.  The only way I can see that happening is if the file didn't exist.

Then you say you deleted the line that COPY line that copies the file to SD?

Then,  second pic shows the error on the COPY command. Maybe the file no longer exists, since the file never existed.

So, why where you running the script?

Thanks Rons, you are right: the screen shots are in wong order.

When I inserted the SD for the first time, I get the received the error copy message; then I removed the line with the copy command and the output was the other screen shot.

I am trying to remove the password file because, as I writed in another post, I am not able to change the settings of the device and I think this happened because the previous owner of the car entered the wrong password more than three times and, from what I seem to understand, when this happens the system goes in anti-theft block.

I would like to avoid spending a lot of money to take the unit apart and send it to Pioneer support ...

Under you can find the other post.

I saw your other post after I replied to this.  I don't know anything about the F840BT. But I know that the Z-110BT also has that lock "feature". From the Service Manual:

If you enter an incorrect password three times, the screen is locked and operations using touch panel keys are disabled.

There's nothing in the service manual on how to recover from this. So you may have to send it to Pioneer to fix. However, if it was me, I'd try manually going into testmode and seeing if there is any file in the USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY directory. However, it is possible that you might not be able to do anything interactively if the hard keys are also locked.

To get into Testmode,  download SuperTestMode.ZIP and unzip it.

Put the testmode.key file on a SD, put that in the head unit and it should boot to testmode. If it doesn't, restart your headunit. Note: do not use the Testmode.key file included with my Security Password Removal - that one only runs a script. This "super" testmode key runs in interactive mode.

It is a horrible user interface, but Go into File Maintenance. Then navigate to USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY and see it anything it there.  If there is some file, it might be a "lock". So delete it.