AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

A simple way to permanently delete your unit's security password. No Condi Hackmode or TestMode commands needed.

I wrote a simple script that will delete the security PASSWORD for most Win CE based F, Z, and X series units. I can't say whether it will work with the very old units, and it won't work with the model numbers ending in 50 or greater,  or Nex units. If your model isn't included, there is an alternate method that works with some NEX and AVH models. Service Password Method

1. Format a smallish SD (32 GB or less) Must be FAT32 format.
  2. Download and Unzip the file attached at the bottom of this post.
  3. Copy the unzipped files into the root of the SD  (TestMode.key and ScriptExec.ini from my zip).
  4. No other files on the SD. Eject it from your PC and insert into your AVIC. If nothing happens after 5 seconds. turn off your ignition for a few seconds, then turn it on.
  5. You should see a prompt to press any key. Press any button (volume-+ or trk <,>).
  6. Done. Remove the SD and restart your unit. No more password.

Note that the TestMode.KEY included here is only used to run scripts. It will not put your unit into the Maintenance menu. Also note that the script copies your existing PASSWORD.DAT file to the SD - just in case. So make sure it is not write-protected.

And a word of advice - In the future, don't set a password. It is no deterrent to a thief since there is no visible indicator that it has a password lock.(he will smash your window and destroy your dash regardless). Plus, he'll find this thread and unlock it. So save yourself the hassle a year from now when your car battery dies and you can't remember the password.

NOTICE: You must be a registered user of AVIC411 to download files hosted on this server. So register first (it is FREE) - then download!

Password Removal Script.zip

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mate , Works great!!! After a couple of days without nav/radio No music and lost on the way you helpt great THNKX!

You're welcome and glad to help. I'm deleting your quote of the entire post #1 since it is redundant and, from time-to-time, I update and/or clarify instructions based on feedback. I don't want to have to go looking for other copies.