AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question.  

I bought a truck used that had the AVIC X910BT already installed.  I lost the contact info from the guy I purchased the truck from and I now just have the password screen up.  I've tried all of the generic ones to try and guess it with no avail.  I used this script with an SD card but all it did was copy over a system file to the card that I can't open on Windows or MAC to read.  I can't get to my Source button to just run the SD card to run the script to reset the passcode.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  Any help would be great.  Thank you!

On 12/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, racer6489 said:

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question.  

I bought a truck used that had the AVIC X910BT already installed.  I lost the contact info from the guy I purchased the truck from and I now just have the password screen up.  I've tried all of the generic ones to try and guess it with no avail.  I used this script with an SD card but all it did was copy over a system file to the card that I can't open on Windows or MAC to read.  I can't get to my Source button to just run the SD card to run the script to reset the passcode.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  Any help would be great.  Thank you!

I'm surprised it worked on a X910, that's an older model. If the script worked it copied a file to SD called PASSWORD.DAT. Then it deleted the file from the head unit, which should unlock your unit during the next reboot. 

Windows doesn't know what to do with a .DAT file. If you want to view what's in the file, right-click and select "open with" and choose Notepad.

On 12/19/2017 at 10:55 AM, racer6489 said:

I can't get to my Source button to just run the SD card to run the script to reset the passcode.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

I'm confused - you just said you ran the script. What does "Source" have to do with it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow.. I was lucky to find this. Couldn't find anything like this anywhere else online and was stuck after my battery became disconnected on my truck and recently bought it used with the aftermarket unit installed. I wasted a lot of time trying possible passwords and calling Pioneer who wanted to charge $80 just to send it back and take the password off. You have helped a lot of people!! THANK YOU!

On 3/16/2018 at 8:41 AM, paskishow44 said:

I don't think the SD card, I've tried with a another...

I am certain that the error is when the script is executing the command:   COPY USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT SD\PASSWORD.DAT
That means it can't write to SD.

There is the only one COPY command in the script. If you want, you can edit ScriptExec.ini and remove that line. In that case, you will not have a backup of the old password file, but that should not hurt.