AVIC411.com

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & similar F series

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/20/2017 at 11:17 AM, RonS said:

See original post

Hi - this got me off the password screen and to the home screen on AVIC-F960DAB but then I took the USB out and it went back to asking for password?

I should have reset password there and then...do I need to dO somet else?

Edited by RonS
Removed complete repost of opening post instructions.
17 minutes ago, C17ffe said:

Hi - this got me off the password screen and to the home screen on AVIC-F960DAB but then I took the USB out and it went back to asking for password?

I should have reset password there and then...do I need to dO somet else?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the F960DAB. Did you try this method?  http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/83592-security-password-removal-script-for-z110120130140-x920930940-some-older-f-series/&do=findComment&comment=348733

1 hour ago, RonS said:

I’ve just tried the anti theft service pass off and hidden button - on the link you just sent -  it worked, and it even let me reset the password.

thank you all who have posted over the years...wasted a bloody whole day today just to fit a reverse camera which the trip the fuse...hence password reset needed.

Funny thing is I set the password 12 months ago and even gave myself a hint...which for the love of me didn’t have a clue!!

phew...all done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made an account just to say SERVICE PASS OFF worked on my fathers "2015 Tundra with a Pioneer AVIC 5000NEX " he changed the battery after a cold snap and was greeted with the password screen which he completely forgot.  FYI I had to type all letters in UPPERCASE and hold the "hidden button" for about 10-15 seconds before getting the unlocked prompt.

THANK YOU ALL !!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AVH-4400NEX. I cannot access the SD card slot because the eject button seems to be locked.  So I copied the 2 files to a thumb drive and tried that.  It did boot from it but returned an error:

FAILED STARTING!

ERROR CODE : 5

[TURN OFF ACC]

Tried several thumb drives, different sizes, all formatted Fat32 and all returned the same error.  Thumb drives were plugged into usb port 1 on the unit via an extension cable.  I did not feel like removing the unit from the dash but will gladly do so if anyone thinks that might make a difference.  Or maybe it just won't work from usb?  TIA

10 hours ago, KerryQ said:

AVH-4400NEX. I cannot access the SD card slot because the eject button seems to be locked.  So I copied the 2 files to a thumb drive and tried that.  It did boot from it but returned an error:

FAILED STARTING!

ERROR CODE : 5

[TURN OFF ACC]

Tried several thumb drives, different sizes, all formatted Fat32 and all returned the same error.  Thumb drives were plugged into usb port 1 on the unit via an extension cable.  I did not feel like removing the unit from the dash but will gladly do so if anyone thinks that might make a difference.  Or maybe it just won't work from usb?  TIA

It won't work on a NEX unit. Totally different systems.  Try this method:

Alternate method - service password screen.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:39 AM, RonS said:

It won't work on a NEX unit. Totally different systems.  Try this method:

Alternate method - service password screen.

I had tried that previously but it did not work.  So I got desperate and purchased a solution off of ebay and it was the exact same thing.  But I tried it again.  Pushing and holding the top left corner did nothing but I tried pressing about an inch to the right and it worked.  

On 1/31/2019 at 3:38 PM, BlakeStone said:

Wow! Nice share!

Thank You, by far the easiest since the screen is staring at right at you. Must remember all the space commands or I assume this is linux based. At first I left off the final space command and it didn't work

On 1/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, Ytumer said:

As a follow-up; I had contacted Pioneer about my password issue and was waiting on a reply when I came across this thread. I thought I'd try the script instead of waiting for a reply, which worked perfectly for me.

Turns out the Pioneer tech support team is extremely helpful. They sent through these instructions for me to clear my password. I haven't personally tried it as I had already run the script in this thread. If the script isn't working for anyone and you'd like to try an official alternative method to reset the password (not remove the prompt completely as this script does) please see the attached picture with instructions.

I'm not sure which models this will work for as the reply to my email was specific to my AVIC F840BT. I'm sure other models with a similar password prompt will likely have the same procedure.

I didn't think posting this would be more of an issue for theft than this script already is. Either method is easy and does the same thing so...

password.jpg

Worked like a charm! Thanks!