AVIC411.com
RonS

Security Password Removal Script for Z110/120/130/140, x920/930/940 & some older F series

This also happened to me.   I purchased a used vehicle, drove it for over a year.

Got in a car accident.  While it was being fixed the batter was unhooked and when I got it back it asked for a password.

This worked great.  Only problem I had was finding the necessary SD card in the house and an adapter to format it on my laptop.

Thanks so much!!

I have an AVIC-X931BT,  Subaru OEM.  Bought car used.  I used a USB memory stick as I didn't have an SD card and it worked great except I had the same problem as Paskishow44.  Deleted the  COPY USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT SD\PASSWORD.DAT line from the script using Notepad and it worked great.  Thanks for all of your help.  Very frustrating problem. I was ready to take a baseball bat to the stereo.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, RonS said:

A simple way to permanently delete your unit's security password. No Condi Hackmode or TestMode needed.

I wrote a simple script that will delete the security PASSWORD for most Win CE based F, Z, and X series units. I can't say whether it will work with the very old units, and it won't work with the model numbers ending in 50 or greater,  or Nex units. If your model isn't included, look elsewhere (don't post here) -there's probably already a thread in the proper sub-forum for your unit.

1. Format a smallish SD (32 GB or less) FAT32.
  2. Download and Unzip the attached file.
  3. Copy into the root of the SD the TestMode.key and ScriptExec.ini from my zip.
  4. No other files on the SD. Eject it from your PC and insert into your AVIC. If nothing happens after 5 seconds. turn off your ignition for a few seconds, then turn it on.
  5. You should see a prompt to press any key. Press any button (volume-+ or trk <,>).
  6. Done. Remove the SD and restart your unit. No more password.

Note that the TestMode.KEY I use here is only used to run scripts. It will not put your unit into the Maintenance menu. Also note that the script copies your existing PASSWORD.DAT file to the SD - just in case. So make sure it is not write-protected.

And a word of advice - In the future, don't set a password. It is no deterrent to a thief since there is no visible indicator that it has a password lock.(he will smash your window and destroy your dash regardless). Plus, he'll find this thread and unlock it. So save yourself the hassle a year from now when your car battery dies and you can't remember the password.

Password Removal Script.zip

Hi RonS,
Try to remove the password on my AVIC X 950 BH.
I followed the steps above using a SD 32G and then I try with other SD 8G and I have the same message on the AVIC screen: CAUTION! TASTE MODE FAILED STARTING         [Turn off ACC]
Have idea what not get to the prompt screen?
Thank you,
vio

8 hours ago, viorel said:

Hi RonS,
Try to remove the password on my AVIC X 950 BH.
I followed the steps above using a SD 32G and then I try with other SD 8G and I have the same message on the AVIC screen: CAUTION! TASTE MODE FAILED STARTING         [Turn off ACC]
Have idea what not get to the prompt screen?
Thank you,
vio

Yes I know. why. In fact the original post says why. It does not work with your x950. Sorry, I can't help you.

Just signed up to AVIC411 ...

WOW, talk about easy !

Just got back from a trip OS (3 months), I disconnected the battery as the immobilizer tends to drain the battery.

Didn't think about the radio ... re-connected the battery, and ERRR ... radio needs code.

As I bought the car 2nd hand, I didn't have the code (and not in any of the doc's that came with the car).

Google brought me here - did the small SD card thing, and BINGO ! - radio back on ! - SO EASY TO DO - MANY THANKS !!!!!

8 hours ago, Avid X930BT said:

System pop-up "This SD Card cannot be used on this device." Help!!

Use an SD size supported by your unit and formatted correctly.  Generally 4 - 8 GB and fat32.