AVIC411.com

iOS 11 Breaks Carplay

Hey everyone,

new to the forum, did a search and came up empty. Installed iOS 11 on my iPhone 7plus last night and now Carplay doesn't work. Anyone else having a similar issue?  The head unit doesn't even recognize the phone.  The phone DOES charge when plugged in via the USB port (#1). I also did the 1.15 firmware update via that usb port so I know that's not the issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Important Notice: Incompatibility between iOS11 and AppRadio Mode

September 22, 2017

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

With the introduction of Apple’s new iOS 11 mobile operating system, Pioneer has discovered an incompatibility with AppRadio Mode on certain Pioneer Navigation, DVD, and AppRadio receivers. If you connect an iPhone® or 5th or 6th generation iPod touch® device that has been updated to iOS 11 and launch AppRadio Mode, you will experience a blank screen or other display malfunction that disables AppRadio Mode.

To maintain compatibility with AppRadio Mode, please continue using iOS 10 or older with your iPhone or iPod touch. Pioneer is working to resolve the issue and will update this notice once firmware updates for the receivers are available. For further information, including affected receiver models, please visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradiomodeIf you have any questions, please contact Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 1-800-421-1404, Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM (Pacific Time), excluding holidays, or online throughparts.pioneerelectronics.com/contact.

Sincerely,

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

• 2 weeks later...