AVIC411.com

After having a remote starter installed in my car and a in-dash radar detector the mobile installer that did the install wont call back to fix my system so I am on here hoping someone may know what is wrong with my avic8200.When I push the map button instead of going to the street view it says loading Igo and the screen disapears and goes right back to the stereo screen,so it basically seems like my navigation system is gone.I did a system reset and its still doing the same thing.I also got an error once that said"speed pulse wire is not connected,the system will operate in simple hybrid mode",is this wire not being connected enough for my nav system to not load?.Any other ideas on what could have been changed/disconnected on the deck?.The navigation system has been in the car and working perfect before this last install and I also checked to see if the navigation attenna is plugged in and it is.

• 1 month later...

Problem solved,after finding out from Pioneer that my brand new Avic 8200 is not under warrenty because I bought it (BRAND NEW) off Ebay,they told me it has to be sent in because the internal card was damaged and would cost $240.00 plus shipping to fix.The original installer out of the blue contacted me and says it just needs to be updated and after hearing all the nightmare problems people are having with this unit doing the exact same thing as my unit does I was skeptical and sure the update wouldnt work.He ran into a problem with the sd card and the head unit kept saying it couldnt read the card,he then unzipped the file,which was about 4gb ,he copied and pasted it on the sd stick,low and behold the unit then displayed a message stating update in progress and not to turn the stereo or the car off,once the update was done it works perfect again!.So make sure you have the correct  UNZIPPED files on the sd stick.You can also have an authorized installer do the update for you and is a lot faster then having the unit taken out,sent in and re-installed let alone the week or two you will be without the unit.So dont let Pioneer automatically tell you it has to be sent in!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...