AVIC411.com

new 8200NEX - no sound using RCA

Hi everyone, new to the forum.

I just bought a AVIC-8200nex to switch out my old kenwood headunit on my toyota supra. I have an aftermarket amplifier using RCA cables to the unit which works fine with my old kenwood. I got the harness all set up, plugged in the rca wires to the amplifier and I'm not getting any audio. I though maybe it was a cable or amplifier issue so I bought the 8200nex into the house. I hooked up a 12 volt dc power source and connected it to my home speaker via rca cables and put in a cd and still no sound. Anyone have similar issue or a quick fix or do you guys think i got a bad unit? seems like everything else is working on the unit. any info is appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, new to the forum.

I just bought a AVIC-8200nex to switch out my old kenwood headunit on my toyota supra. I have an aftermarket amplifier using RCA cables to the unit which works fine with my old kenwood. I got the harness all set up, plugged in the rca wires to the amplifier and I'm not getting any audio. I though maybe it was a cable or amplifier issue so I bought the 8200nex into the house. I hooked up a 12 volt dc power source and connected it to my home speaker via rca cables and put in a cd and still no sound. Anyone have similar issue or a quick fix or do you guys think i got a bad unit? seems like everything else is working on the unit. any info is appreciated.

This appears to be a common problem, I wonder if there is any software switch that needs to be turned on like the sub-woofer button. I have seen a youtube video that they were installing a Alpine block amp and had the same problem with the RCAs but worked fine thru the wiring harness