AVIC411.com

Nex-8000 Map Update Issues

I just finished updating my Pioneeer Nex-8000 maps.  I bought them off a Dealer on eBay.  I've used this dealer in the past for 2 other updates on older AVIC (Z1,Z2,Z3) units and he is top notch.  Everything he sells works....

After following his multi-page instructions complete with screen shots, I arrived at the end and the head unit said I was 100% complete.  Just restart the unit and you where good to go.

After restart I get a Black screen that for a split second has a White Rectangle in the middle with what looks like a small outline of a circle (reminds me of the Windows 'circle' when it is processing).  Then the unit stays Black Screen for 3-4 seconds and reverts to whatever source screen that is playing (HD Radio, iPOD, DVD, Sirius,etc)  Doesn't matter if I hit the MAP button on the units faceplate, or the "NAVI" GUI touchscreen.

I checked the GPS info on the Head unit and it says GPS Antenna OK and that it is getting 6 or 7 Satellites.

Need help on this one.  

• 5 months later...

Hi guys!

First post on this site. Currently I have Q2 2017 maps as part of the 'latest map guarantee', but looking on eBay at the dealer that @bonee (asd255786) posted, they seem to have Q4 2017 available.

I also emailed AvicFix, but he stated that Q4 2017 is available in NaviExtras, but it isn't available to download yet. So which dealer is right? and why doesn't Q4 2017 show up on NaviExtras.com?

1 hour ago, bonee said:

2017-12-23_073205.pngunreleased... latest is 2017.q3 from naviextra

I don’t see that when I go to load mine...hmm...does that mean this listing is inaccurate?

I’m a bit lost because you stated above that ‘I know for sure there is a NA 2017.Q4’ but in your reply to me you state that it’s ‘unreleased...latest is 2017.q3 from naviextra’

is Q4 about to be released, or is it already available?

9162805A-1BBF-4B11-9F2F-1CA75E8FA74C.png