AVIC411.com

AVIC 8200NEX does not automatically connect to phone via BT

Hello all,

I just got a AVIC-8200NEX head unit for my 2005 Dodge Magnum RT.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone that I have paired to the head unit.

The phone does not automatically connect to the head unit for some reason.

I have to manually connect to it by going to the Settings-->Bluetooth-->Connection and then selecting my phone and it connects.

There is an option to auto connect and it is set to on.

I did not have this issue before with the Uconnect system (which also no longer works in my car) as it would automatically connect to the phone when I turned the car on.

Any advice?

Update:  I cleared the BT memory on the AVIC and removed the pairing on the phone but it hasn't worked. Also tried a different phone and i get the same thing (Galaxy Note :cool:.  I talked to Pioneer tech support and they want me to upgrade the firmware (both updates 1.04 and 1.07) for the AVIC so i will do that as soon as i can get my hands on a new thumb drive, hopefully this evening.

• 1 month later...

Update:  I attempted to troubleshoot the issue with Crutchfield's support team as Pioneer's wasn't very good.  They determined it was something wrong with the unit and sent me a replacement one.  Sure enough, it worked.  I no longer have the Bluetooth auto-connect issue and my hands-free works as it is supposed to.  Thanks to Crutchfield!