AVIC411.com

Backup camera triggering for AVH-2800BS

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-2800BS in my 2005 Ford F150, adding a cheapie backup camera / license plate frame off Amazon. I've tapped the reverse bulb in my rear view lights to power the camera, and that is working correctly. However, the head unit doesn't intelligently switch to the camera when I go into reverse, as I would prefer. Instead, the camera feed comes on at startup (I have marked Backup Camera as "on" in the Pioneer head unit settings) and then I have to manually hit the "X" button at the top right to cancel the camera feed once I'm driving. In other words, the head unit doesn't auto-detect that I'm no longer in reverse and fails to automatically close the feed. 

I'm used to the backup camera only triggering when I go into reverse, and then going away automatically when I'm driving. 

Is this functionality not provided in the AVH-2800BS? 

Or am I just not wired into the right wire to trigger the backup camera? (I connected it to the black and pink cable as many tutorials stated, but perhaps it was the wrong black and pink cable?) 

Thanks!