AVIC411.com

Nex8000 Screen Mirroring Help!!! pls.

Hey,

I have the NEX8000 and i have just bought the ScreenBeam mini v2 (would a chromecast be better?)

My question is how do i install this? I will be purchasing the ARunchained Rootless for a Note8, also from my understanding it is necessary.

If somebody can explain, i will be attempting this the weekend if possible.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, ;)

Yes a chromecast will do the job but its not the only option and may not be the best.  You connect chromecast to hdmi and one of the usb's have to be sacrificed to give chromecast power.  You have to install Google Home app on your phone (I only did this with Android).  You setup a hotspot in the car with a phone or device and both your chromecast and the device that will do the mirroring have to be on same hotspot network.  Look up how to get chromecast to connect to mobile hotspot, its a little more complicated than wifi in the house but same concept.  

Disadvantages I see so far:

1) Chromecast disconnects from mirroring from time to time, not sure why.  Could be a setting to disconnect after a certain period or maybe it loses internet due to hotspot in a bad area, still investigating.

2) Due to your hotspot not always being in a great area, you can run into laggy spots of your feed.  Its a love hate relationship.  Looks extremely cool and they have options that allow chromecast to show on both front and back screen.(if you have dual zones/2 screens)

Yes a chromecast will do the job but its not the only option and may not be the best.  You connect chromecast to hdmi and one of the usb's have to be sacrificed to give chromecast power.  You have to install Google Home app on your phone (I only did this with Android).  You setup a hotspot in the car with a phone or device and both your chromecast and the device that will do the mirroring have to be on same hotspot network.  Look up how to get chromecast to connect to mobile hotspot, its a little more complicated than wifi in the house but same concept.  

Disadvantages I see so far:

1) Chromecast disconnects from mirroring from time to time, not sure why.  Could be a setting to disconnect after a certain period or maybe it loses internet due to hotspot in a bad area, still investigating.

2) Due to your hotspot not always being in a great area, you can run into laggy spots of your feed.  Its a love hate relationship.  Looks extremely cool and they have options that allow chromecast to show on both front and back screen.(if you have dual zones/2 screens)

Thanks for the reply.

You think the SunBeam is a good alternative and or what others would be recommended? I would have to exclude the Chromecast just for the Hotspot reason.

So either USB would suffice or would that matter for the power and installation etc. USB 1 vs USB 2 as I'm sure USB 2 is for Android.

I'm not familiar with SunBeam but you may have better success with the newer chromecast ($35), not the Ultra.  I researched and it seems to have better bandwidth.  I'm going to test it out before I go any other route.  Belkin Miracast I thought was ideal but I'm reading differently.  I have the first chromecast which was descent at best.  I had mine connected to usb for iphone.  I dont think it matters which one since its only focus is charging.

Because of this thread, I decided to test my chromecast over the weekend and I cant really blame the chromecast.  The issue is the internet on my phone that is connecting to hotspot.  Since that lags, it causes lag in chromecast obviously.  To improve things, i disabled all connections (GPS, bluetooth, etc) and closed all programs except what I use to do miracast or screen share.  This made a big improvement.  I wont be upgrading my chromecast and I recommend it especially if someone has an iphone in the fam but other then that, I like the fact that the screen beam doesnt need wifi, it just connects to phone, just hate the limitation of only working on android which is what I have but others do not.

@onebyside, how big is your SSD drive?  I would love to have one drive that does it all but was scared to go too big and have compatibility issues.  I think with memory card, people had problem with losing data when they went past 32 GB?  But USB connection I think has better success.

128gb ssd with about 5500 files, that includes folders example Great White/Hooked/10 songs. I think the farther the unit has to dig the slower the read. Once its been read its quick to resolve for use and will only have to read the changes made upon turn on. I did try a 500gb spinner drive and it was pretty full never finished reading on a 7 hour road trip.

Thanks for the help guys,

I will use the Screen Beam V2 and already have a USB cable for my 256gig flash drive which works pretty well.

Just need to add the extra cables from unit to glovebox, which I'm sure is a regular male to female HDMI and Micro usb to power.

yea you would need a male to female extender.  You should be able to find that on amazon, maybe even best buy.  Just worried about the length you need.  Why does it have to run to the glovebox?  I keep mine behind the radio.  Once you install and setup, you should never have to remove unless you plan to use it in the house too.  It should have came with a real small extender which should be enough to connect it around the head unit.

yea you would need a male to female extender.  You should be able to find that on amazon, maybe even best buy.  Just worried about the length you need.  Why does it have to run to the glovebox?  I keep mine behind the radio.  Once you install and setup, you should never have to remove unless you plan to use it in the house too.  It should have came with a real small extender which should be enough to connect it around the head unit.

I have my cable to my flash drive in there and I was thinking if I would need to reset it etc without taking the stereo out. I will get the cables from amazon as they seem better prices and selection.

• 1 month later...

Im Back!!! lol

I have the Screenbeam installed on my Nex 8000 to my Note 8 w/Novalauncher. I purcharsed ARunchained Rootless and i played with it a while which i did get it on screen, also touch screen but i have no idea how to set it up correctly or minor tweaks etc.

My screen isn't fully squared upto the Nex like a have a bar of "tools" on the left side which I cant seem to remove.

Im Back!!! lol

I have the Screenbeam installed on my Nex 8000 to my Note 8 w/Novalauncher. I purcharsed ARunchained Rootless and i played with it a while which i did get it on screen, also touch screen but i have no idea how to set it up correctly or minor tweaks etc.

My screen isn't fully squared upto the Nex like a have a bar of "tools" on the left side which I cant seem to remove.

Double click the Home/center button quickly and it should disappear.

Double click the Home/center button quickly and it should disappear.

Thanks man.. I was thinking I pressed something I shouldn't of.

When you turn on your stereo etc  Do you have any issues it auto turning on, or is there steps you take?

I also noticed my steering wheel skip track up n down dont work on Spotify like it did before I installed everything. Volume and mute is all good. Kinda weird..

Mine turns on fine, it will be quickest on radio. On usb it will check the index of the drive...still pretty quick. If your referring to the mirroring start up...yes it can take it's sweet ass time. You can change the delay in the app to find the best spot.

I dont have any steering wheel controls on my RSX, so I cant comment there,