AVIC411.com

AVH-6350BT not saving settings etc.

I have purchased a car with the AVH-6350BT head unit. It is forgetting any settings I make each time I use it. Not even radio stations or the time. When turned on it begins each time with the demo mode slideshow thing.

What would be the fix? 

Thanks

Sounds like it was not installed correctly. Most headunits have two power feeds. A red wire is for switched +12V and it is the trigger to turn on the unit with the car's accessories. The yellow wire is supposed to be connected to a constant +12V source. I suspect your's is connected to a switched source. The yellow wire is the unit's power for standby. Most  settings are stored in volatile memory. So if the yellow wire is not always hot, the unit essentially resets when off.

Thanks for the reply. The car is a very cheap 2002 Peugot, the previous owner has had subwoofers and other speakers, rear parking camera, all of which are now gone, but various wiring is there. As per your advice, I'll get the head unit out and see if I can fix it that way. I've no xp with this stuff, so I'll see :)