AVIC411.com

Updating my Avic Z110bt

I wouldn't have any faith in Pioneer help desk to diagnose this. They can't even handle simple things. Assuming you are still stuck with the tuner error, it could be a hardware or software problem. Not as simple as a boot sector error. I recommend sending the unit for repair. But a unit that old might not be worth the expense. I'd look at replacing it with newer unit with new technology/features. 

Meh, can't do that right now. Can we revisit the idea of reverting the head unit back to its original firmware? The way I see it, a simple software update shouldn't be causing a hardware problem. Maybe there was a break in power that screwed something up during the update. The head unit is after all in a 17 year old car with electrical problems. I just find it surprising that the error started after that update. I'd also like to know if there is a way to stop the unit from showing any error messages like getting rid of the nag screen and that objects appear closer message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming that no one has a fix for this tuner restart error. Since I'm at the end of my rope, I'm ready to experiment. I don't see the newer head units offering anything that I would want. So I'd rather brick this one trying to fix it than send it in for repairs or get a newer unit. So send the ideas my way so I can try them out.