AVIC411.com

Updating my Avic Z110bt

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that wasn't to painful. I deleted that file. After I rebooted, I got a message saying that no applicable program is available and the unit won't do anything after that. The only thing I can do is use the SD card to go back into testmode.

Sounds like you deleted more than just one file. There's no way deleting just PRG.FLG would cause that. If it did, the file is easily replaced. It is just an empty file indicating which of the two latest software versions to load.

Path: USER

..                                         .DAT

PRG                                    .FLG                                AR

This is roughly how the menu looked and the letters highlighted in red was the only thing I deleted. What software do I use to recreate this file?

Path: USER

..                                         .DAT

PRG                                    .FLG                                AR

This is roughly how the menu looked and the letters highlighted in red was the only thing I deleted. What software do I use to recreate this file?

I hope there are also directories named PRG0 and PRG1. If not - game over. That "no applicable program" error means the unit can't find NAVI.EXE which is in both PRG0 and PRG1. The one it tries to load depends on whether PRG.FLG exists. If it is not there, it runs the files in PRG0, otherwise PRG1.

To create the file - on your PC open a text editor like Notepad and immediately save as PRG.FLG.

It can be an empty file. Doesn't really matter since the presence/absence of the file is all that matters. The case of the file name doesn't matter since windows is case insensitive.

Oh, another cause of that "no applicable program" error is installing Condi's Hackmode. Has that ever been installed on this unit?

No it hasn't. I knew better than to do that. Ok, so my SD card should look like this?

TESTMODE.KEY

PRG.FLG

Then I just copy this text document file from the sd card and paste it to the path I deleted it from correct?

Yes, but it is a pain to do because TestMode is so un-friendly. I just remembered, I wrote a script that will do this. Just download and copy the included 3 files to SD, and insert.

PRG-FLG-Script.zip

Cool thank, I'll try it out. Quick question though. How do I get out of testmode once I'm done making these changes? I'm wondering if the very first time I went into testmode if I did something wrong. It says press the navigate button or what I'm guessing is home on my unit to exit. This allowed me to get out of the file extension I was looking in back to the main testmode menu. So I just took my SD card out and turned my car of. Is there a reboot sequence I can use? I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have done that, but I figured everything would be fine since that's what I did after installing the short fuse hack and updating the maps.

Cool thank, I'll try it out. Quick question though. How do I get out of testmode once I'm done making these changes? I'm wondering if the very first time I went into testmode if I did something wrong. It says press the navigate button or what I'm guessing is home on my unit to exit. This allowed me to get out of the file extension I was looking in back to the main testmode menu. So I just took my SD card out and turned my car of. Is there a reboot sequence I can use? I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have done that, but I figured everything would be fine since that's what I did after installing the short fuse hack and updating the maps.

To get out of testmode I just eject the SD then turn off the ignition. I've never found a way of gracefully exiting.

Well, I ran the script and the unit is once again operational for the most part. But I'm still getting the tuner restart error. Do you know if there's a way to remove the display of error messages somewhere in test mode? Because the unit is working fine, it's just that the error message blocks your view and prevents you from using the menus without hitting the ok button constantly. 

So I decided to reply to pioneer and this is what they said.

It is possible that there was an issue with operating system on the unit

prior to the update. Therefore when performing the update there was some

form of sector error which resulted in this issue.

Now if I was dealing with a computer, a boot sector error would be easy to fix but I have no idea how to manipulate the inside of this thing. So, does anyone have a clue on how to fix this or an experimental way I can fix this bad boot sector error.

So I decided to reply to pioneer and this is what they said.

It is possible that there was an issue with operating system on the unit

prior to the update. Therefore when performing the update there was some

form of sector error which resulted in this issue.

Now if I was dealing with a computer, a boot sector error would be easy to fix but I have no idea how to manipulate the inside of this thing. So, does anyone have a clue on how to fix this or an experimental way I can fix this bad boot sector error.

I wouldn't have any faith in Pioneer help desk to diagnose this. They can't even handle simple things. Assuming you are still stuck with the tuner error, it could be a hardware or software problem. Not as simple as a boot sector error. I recommend sending the unit for repair. But a unit that old might not be worth the expense. I'd look at replacing it with newer unit with new technology/features.