AVIC411.com

Hello All,

First post here...so let me know if this needs to go somewhere else.

TL;DR: I got my unit to boot back into the OS after step 3 of this thread,  but it still fails to update the firmware when I try.

My 7000NEX was still running FW version 1.012. I decided to update the firmware to 1.15. I downloaded the file, read the instructions, formatted the flash drive, turn off AV source...basically tried to be a good boy and follow the instructions.

My unit read the USB key, notified me that I was upgrading from 1.012 to 1.15...I confirmed by clicking on Continue. I was eventually prompted to reset the device, which I did, but when I reset it, I disconnected both the ACC and PWR wires. Upon powering back on, it went to a screen that said "Reading...", then to a screen saying "Update Failed!" "Press HOME to continue"

At this point...I got stuck. I tried multiple flash drives, redownloaded the file from pioneer's website...All I could get it to do was say "Update Progress,,," and "version 1.01 to 1.01" even though my USB key had the 1.15 firmware on it, then it would go back to "Update Failed!"

Anyway, I decided to dig deeper and try to find a custom ROM that I could hopefully just push onto this thing and found this thread. Obviously this is a treasure trove of information but I'm still stuck. From that thread, I followed steps 1, 2, and 3...(e.g. backup my NOR, BSP, and SD Card) using the Script Mode instructions. After step three though, my unit FINALLY BOOTED BACK UP INTO THE OS!!!! At first I was super ecstatic and thought "Great! Now I can try to update my firmware again and not make the same mistake!".  WRONG...

Now when I go through the instructions, and try to update the firmware...I get to the confirmation screen, it shows the right firmware jump, but it immediately goes to a "Update Failed!" screen again as soon as I confirm.

I haven't tried other FW versions like 1.06, 1.08, 1.10, 1.14...though I do have the files. I'm just trying to figure out what I should do next? In the Test Mode that the USB key from the linked thread, there are functions like Write Bootloader, Write Programs, etc... and i'm wondering if I can use those to clear or fix whatever's still corrupt under the hood to allow any firmware update?

Anyone have any clues?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying you unplugged the power wires to reset the unit, instead of using the reset button on the face of the unit?  If you cut the power to the unit during an update you may have trashed it, I hope you're able to get it going.

On the AVIC-7000NEX there is not a reset button on the face of the unit, reset is indicative of removing power from the ACC line and re-powering the device. I made the mistake of disconnecting power from both the ACC and Power lines.