AVIC411.com

8200NEX streaming bt audio while using android auto simultaneously?

Hello All. Looking to get an 8200NEX but have a question about using audio sources while using android auto. In 2017 ford models, i was able to stream bt audio to the sync system while using android auto for nav. I run a custom rom on my phone and i guess it allows me to continue to use my phone while its hooked up to android auto. I use poweramp to play from my androids locally stored music collection and really like this. I also want android auto nav. Will this pioneer system let me do this like ford sync does?

• 2 weeks later...

while plugged in using android auto, and using google nav, google music plays just fine. But it is not BT, it's usb.

YOu don't need a rooted rom to use your phone while plugged in with android auto active. I don't know if that's specific to to nexus devices but it works fine for me. 

It's when you want to switch to the native pandora app on the pioneer and you're plugged in with your phone using android auto that you get the message to unplug your phone.  

Native pandora on your device (phone) audio out to pioneer while in android auto works. I didn't have my 8200 long enough to memorize the ins and outs. It's an 800 dollar POS if you ask me. Don't buy

while plugged in using android auto, and using google nav, google music plays just fine. But it is not BT, it's usb.

YOu don't need a rooted rom to use your phone while plugged in with android auto active. I don't know if that's specific to to nexus devices but it works fine for me.

It's when you want to switch to the native pandora app on the pioneer and you're plugged in with your phone using android auto that you get the message to unplug your phone.

Native pandora on your device (phone) audio out to pioneer while in android auto works. I didn't have my 8200 long enough to memorize the ins and outs. It's an 800 dollar POS if you ask me. Don't buy

Did you find an alternative unit that you enjoy more?

• 4 weeks later...

The only con I heard about it takes like 10 seconds to boot up, otherwise it highly recommended.

https://www.caraudionow.com/best-in-dash-gps-navigation/

Mine is sitting in its box getting ready to be installed next weekend along with keyless entry and 4 focal RCX-165 speakers into my 2014 Nissan Versa Note. In the future will probably add an Alpine KTP-445U brick amp to boost the power up to 45W per channel