AVIC411.com

Hi everyone. I took a look through the past posts and could not find the same problem I had experienced this week. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

My 4000NEX w/bypass was working fine in the morning, then when I started the car up again later that day I had the following symptoms.

-Radio boots up.

-HD Radio screen appears.

-Stock radio background image which is normally blue, has now gone a shade of black. I can see all touch options, but some of them are not responsive. I could change radio stations, but hardware buttons do not work, so no volume, no eject, I cannot enter the options menu or anything else really. Volume level was really low.

-Steering controls did not work at all.

-Attempting Carplay brought me to the warning screen, I could select the warning Accept button, the action would register, but it would not go past the warning screen.  

That was two days ago. I disconnected the battery, waited, hoping that clearing the radio would help things, started the car. Now I get the following.

-Radio boots up (Pioneer Loading) 

-Blackness

Now I have nothing. No display whatsoever. The display seems to be fine as I can clearly see the Pioneer boot up screen for about 10 seconds. From my point of view with an electronics background, I feel that this may be software related. Is there a way to reload the system software on these units? Any other insight on what could of caused this out of the blue?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2017 at 12:52 PM, PioneerTA said:

Hi everyone. I took a look through the past posts and could not find the same problem I had experienced this week. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

My 4000NEX w/bypass was working fine in the morning, then when I started the car up again later that day I had the following symptoms.

-Radio boots up.

-HD Radio screen appears.

-Stock radio background image which is normally blue, has now gone a shade of black. I can see all touch options, but some of them are not responsive. I could change radio stations, but hardware buttons do not work, so no volume, no eject, I cannot enter the options menu or anything else really. Volume level was really low.

-Steering controls did not work at all.

-Attempting Carplay brought me to the warning screen, I could select the warning Accept button, the action would register, but it would not go past the warning screen.  

That was two days ago. I disconnected the battery, waited, hoping that clearing the radio would help things, started the car. Now I get the following.

-Radio boots up (Pioneer Loading) 

-Blackness

Now I have nothing. No display whatsoever. The display seems to be fine as I can clearly see the Pioneer boot up screen for about 10 seconds. From my point of view with an electronics background, I feel that this may be software related. Is there a way to reload the system software on these units? Any other insight on what could of caused this out of the blue?

Thanks.

Did you find the fix? I have exact problem.