AVIC411.com

8200 NEX, not turning on everytime

I have a 2013 Toyota Highlander, brand new Pioneer AVIC-8201 NEX.  using a Maestro RR as integration harness. sometimes when I remote start my car, and I get into my car, the radio has a black screen. basically it is not on, and nothing functions. Pioneer had claimed it was defective, got a brand new one and it did the same thing on the second day!!! leads me to believe that it cannot be the radio.

I have a theory on what may be wrong, when remote start activates, the ignition comes on, radio starts boot up, then ACC wiring drops out as car is cranking, radio has to reboot again, I think this causes the radio to not boot up properly. what do you think about this? anyone experience a similiar problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Toyota Highlander, brand new Pioneer AVIC-8201 NEX.  using a Maestro RR as integration harness. sometimes when I remote start my car, and I get into my car, the radio has a black screen. basically it is not on, and nothing functions. Pioneer had claimed it was defective, got a brand new one and it did the same thing on the second day!!! leads me to believe that it cannot be the radio.

I have a theory on what may be wrong, when remote start activates, the ignition comes on, radio starts boot up, then ACC wiring drops out as car is cranking, radio has to reboot again, I think this causes the radio to not boot up properly. what do you think about this? anyone experience a similiar problem?

I have remote start on my RSX, when the remote is used the car starts as it should and my Nex 8000 screen is black as it should...the heat controls and parking lights are the only thing working till the key is inserted and engaged.