AVIC411.com

Improved Hackmode with internal GPS

Now even with working internal GPS! See readme.txt for instructions. PW is avic411.

For those that are trying to run Igo on japanese MRZ HUs: In order to get the internal GPS working you need to

1. kill gpsmc.exe

2. reload the com7: device driver using "reloaddrv.exe COM7:"

3. retart gpsmc.exe

See Voice.mscr for mortscript commands to perform these steps.

morushack_1.1.zip

morus,

Thank you very very very much. Reloading GPS driver on COM7 perfectly works. I ordered GPS receiver a week ago and I was thinking how to remove head-unit from my car, now there is no need. BUT I have a strange problem. When I run head unit with this configuration and try to search bands in radio or try to listen MP3 from USB-memory or SD-card AV.exe continuously stays in 'processing'. May be it is trying to find an application or file (due to it's original navi.exe) but cannot. Did you experience such a case in your head unit? What's your advise to me in that case? Thanks in advance.

adzaM,

On the f30bt I start Igo via the "APL exit" debug mode. In this mode av.exe is not running. I do not know how av.exe behaves if I replace navi.exe with igo. Maybe I will try that when I find some time. So far I cannot give you any advice. Sorry.

New version 1.2 with script optimizations and integrated port splitter for (hopefully) better stability of the internal GPS data stream. Use com9: at 115200 bps as the NMEA source in your preferred nav SW.

Previous versions of the hack must be uninstalled before installing this version as the runscript intercepts now navi.exe instead of voice.exe.

Long term goal is better integration with original SW (now you can switch back and forth between orig. SW and hack, but you cannot listen to mp3s or answer phone calls while in hackmode). I also plan to add a dab+ receiver (FS-Silicon verona with sermmi firmware) via com1: and an ODB trip computer (hobd-standalone is already running, just need to connect my ODB dongle via com6:). And finally I want to add support for WLAN SD-Cards and a VNC client.

morushack_1.2.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

been testing all of this out on my avic f9220bt I can get the HU to run igo an such and can confirm it works. only I don't really understand how navi.exe and av.exe run. I've been thinking of running navi.exe in the background (or preferably not at all, due to RAM) and being able to "alt-tab" between igo and av.exe without having to run explorer. I've seen this work on pioneerus a different hack but cant find me a copy to disassemble. am I right that on boot the hu unpacks its platformXXX.prg to ram, to use it as its windows directory? 

Hi Mafradon,

I haven't worked on this for quite some time, so I might not remember all the details correctly. The problem is that if you want to use the internal GPS, you need to get access to the virtual gps com port that is normally blocked by navi.exe. In my hack this is done by reloading the virtual com port driver, but this causes navi.exe to lose the GPS data stream. So with this method it is not possible to have igo and navi.exe working at the same time even if you use a portsplitter, because you cannot get navi.exe to reopen the GPS com port. The only way would be to cook a new winceimg.bin such that the portsplitter gets loaded before navi.exe. But this is dangerous, because you can easily brick your HU.

Pioneerus works in a different way, i.e. it reads the NMEA sentences via undocumented Pioneer API calls and feeds them to a virtual com port driver.

Alternatively you could use the debug port on the back of the HU to connect an external GPS mouse.