AVIC411.com

iOS 11.2.5 breaks CarPlay on NEX4000

I see someone else posted about the iOS 11.2.5 update on their iPhone breaking CarPlay on their 8000NEX.  Wanted to reply to that thread but it’s saying that thread has been archived and can’t be replied to.  I’m running into the same issue with my 4000NEX head unit.  Since updating my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 11.2.5 last week, CarPlay has been rendered unusable.  When trying to connect to CarPlay, it’ll either refuse connection with my 4000NEX displaying an iPod 02-60 error.   Or will get into CarPlay successfully but drop the connection after a minute or two.  This issue only started happening after the iOS 11.2.5 update.  I’ve read on other websites iOS 11.2.5 has broken CarPlay on other radios besides Pioneer.  I hope Apple gets this fixed soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the iPhone 7 plus with 11.2.5 installed and it's unreliable when plugging in my phone. It seems I have to really force it onto the 8-pin connector in order for it to make a good connection and CarPlay starts up. I never had to do this before. I've never updated the firmware on the Pioneer 8100NEX. Current is v1.03